• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

AAM rear axle identification

angus

The guy at Orielly`s tells me there is two different size 14 bolt AAM axles listed for my truck, one is a 10.5 ring gear and the other a 11.5 ring gear. I`m guessing it is 11.5 but not certain?

I`m getting ready to change the rear end grease, and looking for a new cover gasket..... He tells me both of the cover gaskets for AAM axles are $50.00 + !!  I am tempted to try the old fashioned silicone route. Any thoughts?

7 hours ago, AH64ID said:

The gasket is reusable so don't bother buying one. 

From 2004 on all diesel trucks have the 11.5. 2003 can be tricky, but all HO's have the 11.5 and some SO/Cali's have the 10.5 with the 47RE trans. 

I thought there must be something special about that gasket to $$$ so much.   The 11.5 holds almost a gallon of gear oil as well