• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

So I don't have any first hand experience with this, but I am about to install a lukes link on my stock track bar. According to their instructions, they actually recommended installing a small lift (1-2in) to keep things from rubbing in the case of the front end springs settling over time.

Unless someone knows for sure, I think you'd be ok without the adjustable track bar.

Also, if the lift has been on the truck for 5 years, I'd say your probably in the clear. Are you getting any signs of the track bar loosening up?

Many I didn't word it right my track bar is good  what I'm wanting to know is do I need a adjustable bar with the 2in leveling kit? I had been seeing post saying if any thing above stock I need one or my front Axel won't be centered  and if this is so around here they won't do a alignment

Yea you could measure, not like that would hurt anything! :thumb1:

I believe the whole eye ball thing came about because if it looks out of alignment, it probably is, but if it's close enough to look equal on both sides, alignment is probably good, unless your all over the road or something!

• Owner
3 minutes ago, dripley said:

I am no track bar expert but if you lift the body it has to get off center, simple geometry there. How much on a 2" lift? I would think not alot maybe not noticeable.

Actually very noticable. I've done a 2" leveling kit on a Ford truck and was shocked at the huge change of axle placement. It pulled the front axle about 1-2" looking down the body you could see the axle on front was not centered.

Your right Dripley... Simple Geometry if the axle goes down 2" and the track bar isn't longer the axle will shift over to the driver side because its not long enough.

4 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Actually very noticable. I've done a 2" leveling kit on a Ford truck and was shocked at the huge change of axle placement. It pulled the front axle about 1-2" looking down the body you could see the axle on front was not centered.

Your right Dripley... Simple Geometry if the axle goes down 2" and the track bar isn't longer the axle will shift over to the driver side because its not long enough.

I knew it would move it. But it surprises me it moves that much. Like I said I am no expert.

• Owner

If you want your truck leveled... Really simple. Hitch up a trailer it will level right out every time.

The ones that look funny as hell and piss me off is the ones with leveling kits that are towing that shining there headlight in my eyes because now the nose of the truck is high and the rear end is dragging like an old Ford. :mad:

• Like 3

I've got the leveling kit with the Luke's link. The axle is noticeably toward the driver side. How much?? Not sure. Does it work? Yes, but I would recommend an adjustable bar. If I had the $$ right now I'd have a DOR track bar to center the axle better.

• Like 2

Look at it this way, I installed factory snow plow springs in my 02 which lifted it about 1.5 inches over stock with the extra weight of a ranch hand bumper the same as what leveling spacers do and they still use the same track bar regardless from OEM. A 2 inch leveling kit will be no different, no need for a longer or adjustable track bar for anything in the 1-2 inch levelling arena, go over 2.5 inches then yes. I have leveling spacers on my 05 and have had zero issues and recently replaced the OEM ruber bushings with lukes links bushings in the OEM track bar.

• Like 2

All this makes me want to jack up my front end just to see how far it moves, but I have to many other things to jack up this week end, With 2" of lift and the angle of the track bar it just does not look like it could make that big a difference. 

One thing I found on my 05 when I replaced the factory replacement Kyb shocks with Bilstein shocks on the front end was the Bilsteins were longer. I had the rig on my hoist so the axle was hanging at full droop and when I unbolted the old shocks the axle dropped about another inch, when I went to install the new Bilsteins they were long enough to bolt right in which I see now makes a big difference with the extra 1.5-2 inch leveling spacers I have in it. Normal driving one would not notice but if one was off road bouncing and getting to full droop the shocks would have been taking a beating from being bottomed out and acting as the limiting strap and could have failed causing other issues.

Edited by Wild and Free
  • Like 1