• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Staff

I did the 2'' level kit and the differential was off center by 3/4 of an inch. It also had a slight vibration at 60 mph. When I turned the adjustable track bar so everything was back to center the vibration stopped. Then I had to install air bags in the rear to stop the squat when loaded. I was very happy what the air bags did for helping to stop the sway when loaded with my camper. So my situation ended up all for the good.

2 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Belt sander Dave, Air bags do help the rear springs from wearing out over time.:poke:

Ow,  ow, ow. STOP IT. 

I have nothing against air bags. Matter of fact I have toyed with the idea of getting some. If I was to get them I would still leave the rake on the truck. So far the overload springs have served me well and still carry the trailer well.

Belt sander that one you old fart!!!!   :bolt:

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:59 AM, stevens cummins said:

Well measured the front and with the leveling kit it is about 1\2 in off center

I am assuming you have the factory track bar and not a 3rd gen conversion bracket and track bar? This would help it stay more centered as well not having the ball and socket of the tie rod style end that can allow movement side to side unlike the 3rd gen track bar setup with bushings on both ends..

I remember all the old pre 1990s 4X4 solid axle pickups where the front axle was always wider than the back by about 1/2 inch on each side. GM rigs were the most noticeable for this.

Edited by Wild and Free

2 hours ago, notlimah said:

Ahh ok. Well 1/2in don't seem to bad given the leveling kit and stock track bar. 

Keep an eye on your tires. Mine were unhappy when it was levelled and I was constantly rotating. 

Edited by CSM

1 hour ago, CSM said:

Keep an eye on your tires. Mine were unhappy when it was levelled and I was constantly rotating. 

Yea everything seems to be wearing pretty normal for now. But I just got my shipping notification for my DOR track bar today so that'll be going on soon!!