• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Throaty, Spooly 2nd gen

8 hours ago, notlimah said:

That's a good idea on the wrap, what did you use?

I didnt use "wrap" because wrapping the exhaust causes the pipe underneath the wrapping to rot from extreme heat and rust.  Instead I used two of these blankets. Thermo-Tech

I have two of them end to end.  Here's what they looks like. :thumbup2:

IMG_1592_zpss1njd2wk.jpg

7 hours ago, joecool911 said:

So a culvert pipe and tee post is all I need?

Yes, one or two T posts is all you need.  For that matter, all you're doing it adding mass to the exhaust pipe to change the reverberating pitch.  T posts are just cheap.

You need to remove the spade on the bottom and just clamp it on.  I used one but thought about adding another.  Never did because I eventually bought a new exhaust system.....and because any drone I did have at that point was so minimal that I just didnt care enough to add another T post.

Here's what it looked like too.  And before you say anything, yes did look redneckish but it was very difficult to see unless you crawled under the truck. :whistle2: Actually I never liked how the whole straight pipe job went and thought the guy did a sloppy job.....

DSC05550.jpg

Edited by Cowboy
Fixed the images ( :
  • Like 1

The T post you see in that picture I posted is just what I had laying behind the barn.  The straps I picked up at the hardware store.  Really it was just an experiment I tried on afternoon that worked and I never got around to trying to make it look any more appealing.

• Like 1