• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Having an RV is almost a needed item now a days.....

Its about 2500 one way for me. $800 or so in fuel and 5 or 6 hard days on the road. If i do make it, it will be in a silver tube hurtling thru the air. I figure a plane ticket and a rental car will be about the same. Not to mention the wear and tear on my backside.  

• Staff
11 hours ago, KATOOM said:

Dont get me wrong ya bunch of haters.....so if I may explain myself.  600 miles means at least 12 hours there and 12 hours back.  Thats approximately $300+ in fuel, food, and time off.  And since I'm self employed that means at least a few days without the all too critical paycheck too.  I can see the dollars racking up against me fast.....and I have a family who relies on such monetary items for inconsequential things like food and clothing.  Our vacations are limited and trying to explain that this one will be spent with forum buddies probably wouldn't receive much warm praise.

So yeah maybe I dont go many places these days.....but I dont just drive a 2nd gen only because they're the epitome a diesel pickup truck.  :whistle:

How about I just post a picture of my smiling mug and you all just imagine how much fun it would be with me there. :cool:

I used to be in the same boat raising my 3 daughters. I'd work off my backside each day and we were still short on bread. I fully understand.

18 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Just like coming to the big city of Boise. It's crazy around the city. Everyone in hurry. I'm always glad to heading back out to the forest again. Much simpler world less confusion.

Yep, did you see on the news where they discovered folks who live near natural surroundings live 12% longer on average.

Judging just coming back from the Bay area I would say at least 50% longer since I felt so good  by just getting back to my private woods.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff
41 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Yep, did you see on the news where they discovered folks who live near natural surroundings live 12% longer on average.

If that true then I died a year and a half ago by living in the fast lane of SoCal.

11 hours ago, KATOOM said:

And since I'm self employed that means at least a few days without the all too critical paycheck too.  I can see the dollars racking up against me fast.....and I have a family who relies on such monetary items for inconsequential things like food and clothing. 

I can understand that.  Being self employed, the business doesn't give you a payed vacation and time off, no work no money.  Prioritize that time off, you can only afford so much.

• Owner
2 hours ago, IBMobile said:

I can understand that.  Being self employed, the business doesn't give you a payed vacation and time off, no work no money.  Prioritize that time off, you can only afford so much.

Why I have so many different jobs so as one season closes another season of work starts. Like web work is closing and firewood and air conditioning is starting.

3 hours ago, dripley said:

Its about 2500 one way for me. $800 or so in fuel and 5 or 6 hard days on the road. If i do make it, it will be in a silver tube hurtling thru the air. I figure a plane ticket and a rental car will be about the same. Not to mention the wear and tear on my backside.  

Where abouts are you located dripley?

• Staff

Did you guys see the riot at the recent Trump rally? They were trying to roll police cars and causing damage. Putting one trump voter in the hospital, looks like he got hit in the head.

But the thing I noticed most was the riot crowd looked like they were all mostly entitlement types, possible freeloaders, living off the working people.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 2

• Owner
2 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I noticed most was the riot crowd looked like they were all mostly entitlement types, possible freeloaders, living off the working people.

That why there is such problems with riots. For once some is going to cut off the free money to freeloaders and they are getting pissed because they might have to work for once. Heaven forbid... :rolleyes:

• Like 2