• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Knocking sound.

• Staff
14 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

You and me both brother... I've got a Common Rail Cummins in the back of the 96 Dodge heading to be rebuilt because of a fail injector. That gets expensive. At least the 12V and 24V rarely ever eat a piston.

Another reason to the list of why second gens are holding up in value.

• Like 2

Bought a set of 5x12 Contagious Diesel injectors from a member of Compition Diesel for $425. Should have them by the weekend.

I emailed Contagious Diesel asking if their injectors are pop tested and flow matched, below is the response. 

"They are pop tested. The nozzles are Bosch pieces that are EDM'd. If you want honed flow matched nozzles, it is quite a bit extra. Almost every place that advertises flow matched nozzles is using aftermarket Italian or Chinese junk nozzles to knock off cost."

46 minutes ago, notlimah said:

That seems like a fairly broad statement for them to make, doesn't it? I'd like to see where/how they can prove that places like Vulcan or DAP aren't flow matching and if they are, are using 'junk' nozzles.

My guess is that statement is directed towards the no name ebay injectors you see from time to time. 

It appears that neither DAP nor Vulcan advertise their injectors as being flow matched.

Edited by The_Hammer

I've spoken with Jacob multiple times, and he has always said the 24V are popped to the same pressure and flow matched within 2% if I remember correctly. IDK why that wouldn't apply to the 12V as well.

• Like 1

From the DAP website:  Nozzles are flow matched at 100BAR (1500 PSI with Hydraulic Fluid) to +/- 0.03 LPM.

And: Injectors are Pop Tested.

Lee makes a good injector, I know plenty of people that will only buy his stuff when it comes to larger sizes that are more sensitive.  Other places like DAP are supporting the penny chasers, they still give you a great product, but they have to skimp somewhere to be able to cut the price in half.

2 hours ago, The_Hammer said:

My guess is that statement is directed towards the no name ebay injectors you see from time to time. 

It appears that neither DAP nor Vulcan advertise their injectors as being flow matched.

That may be true. Still seems like it's a jab at other companies that can offer this same service but don't lean on that being their primary means of selling injectors.

Does contagious diesel only sell 12v injectors?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, notlimah said:

That may be true. Still seems like it's a jab at other companies that can offer this same service but don't lean on that being their primary means of selling injectors.

Does contagious diesel only sell 12v injectors?

I agree. I'm by no means trying to defend them or anything.

It looks like they offer injectors for 2nd gen 24v, 3rd gen 5.9 and 6.7.

5 minutes ago, The_Hammer said:

I agree. I'm by no means trying to defend them or anything.

It looks like they offer injectors for 2nd gen 24v, 3rd gen 5.9 and 6.7.

Oh I didn't get the impression you were defending them, you simply relayed information passed by them. That statement just seemed in bad taste IMO, but to each their own. I'm sure they make a nice injector.

8 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

looks like they sell 12v 24v and cr stuff.

I don't really ever trust marketing like this, but who knows.  I am very happy with my DFI injectors so that is all I need.

I know you've mentioned your DFI sticks before running super clean. How much of that is attributed to your arduino and HE you think?

@notlimah

Good deal man and I agree it's in bad taste.

There's a guy named Mark LaRue here in Tx that builds some amazing AR15 rifles, everything is manufactured in house including the barrels (which is rare). The guy is a cocky prick but his rifles and customer service are second to none. Maybe Contagious is the same way smiley_abused.gif

Since I bought these injectors from an individual I'm going to have 6 cores sitting around. Does anyone know of a place that will buy my old cores?

Even with bad tuning on my vgt the dfi injectors were %99 clean at sea level.  I was shocked, but you could go from a stop sign, floor it to %100 and all you got out the tail pipe was VERY light haze.  I only you "haze" because you could see VERY VERY light fumes out of the tailpipe. 

I could have EASILY passed the same emissions we have here in colorado down at sea level with the tuner turned up.

Here is a short video of my lugging the motor while going WOT with the turner off down near sea level.

Up here in colorado not so much, but that is just the nature of the beast AKA altitude......

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Actually you have to ask about the flow match and pop testing. Vulcan Performance does do flow match and pop test as well...

That's weird, I got quoted saying what Hammer had mentioned in his post lol

Either way, I remember you saying that Vulcan does pop test and flow match.

I'm in the market for a set of cores, I'm pretty cheap though.  Otherwise I believe some vendors will buy your cores, you'd have to look at there website.

I was never really happy with the 7 holes smoke wise, the current 5 holes seem to be better, but here is a compilation of videos of spooling from different RPM's.  This was also with a HE341 which doesn't do as well below 1700 RPM as the HX35.  This is also an apples to oranges comparison with a 24V as I adjust fueling based off the smoke output.

Bottum of post #4 http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/94-98-performance-parts-discussion/1976641-turbo-performance-blanket-review.html#post22877737

• Like 2