• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I've had this same debate in my head for a while now. My 02 is now my daily and it's stock exhaust. Coming from my 99 with a 4in straight back, I miss the noise but anything outside of putting around town is rough. I think my next exhaust will be with muffler for long trips and I'll put it in a place I can easily swap out a straight pipe for the around town, short trips by myself fun!

Whoops, wrong thread.

With a CAD axle the front driveshaft wouldn't spin.... If it was a perfect world.... It spins.

Edited by Cowboy
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Cowboy said:

With a CAD axle the front driveshaft wouldn't spin.... If it was a perfect world.... It spins.

Probably about 150 rpm while driving down the freeway.....  Sure I guess thats technically "spinning", although slow enough that you can visually count the revolutions.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I decided to start with the 30" FTE stainless resonator which I received in the mail today. Couple of questions... would it be best to have this thing welded in place or just use band clamps? Does it matter which way it goes on? It doesn't appear to be directional and have not read such..... 

207haQQl.jpg

Not sure on the direction of its supposed to go but I'd figure if it mattered it would've told you. I've also heard that you get the best results by placing it as close to the downpipe as possible. Is this going on your 4in MBRP? Also, I'd use band clamps, wouldn't want it welded, especially if this doesn't turn out to be as quiet as you'd like.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hawkez said:

I have this resonator on my truck.  I used band clamps.  I am a big fan of those.  I mounted mine as close as I could to the downpipe.

Hey Hawk.. How close is as close as you could? I'm seeing mine sitting about 10-12" from the down pipe.. after the first hanger...

16 hours ago, dodgedieselnewbie said:

Hey Hawk.. How close is as close as you could? I'm seeing mine sitting about 10-12" from the down pipe.. after the first hanger...

I can take a picture for you when I get home this afternoon.

• Like 1