• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 Testing

TFaoro

5 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Load Timing actually retards timing based on engine load. So low engine load will have the highest amount of retarding power. Then as engine load goes higher towards 100% then max timing is given. I'm running ZERO in this position. 

I remember Nick talking about this, but I would like to SEE what it's actually doing to the timing at different loads, different rpms, etc. How is this variable implemented (using what parameters) and how does it decide how much to retard using those parameters. 

I too am currently running 0. 

Edited by TFaoro

Load Timing.....ugh sucks to explain as there is no good way to do so haha.  

So keep in mind that your RPM based timing sets your ACTUAL high limit for RPM at a given RPM,  AKA if you have 20* set as your 2000 rpm timing limit then at no point at 2k will you ever see more than 20*.  What load timing does is section off a * amount of that rpm timing to be related to load.  

So for this example load timing = 3*  RPM =2000 and 2k limit is 20*

Load = %25

Total Timing = 20* ( rpm timing) - %75 of 3* or 2.25*  = 17.75 of timing.  

Load = %50 

Total Timing = 20* ( rpm timing) - %50 of 3* or 1.5*  = 18.5 of timing.  

Load =  %75

Total Timing = 20* ( rpm timing) - %25 of 3* or .75*  = 19.25 of timing.

Load = %100

Total Timing = 20* ( rpm timing) - %0 of 3* or 0*  = 20 of timing.

So for this example load timing = 2*  RPM =2000 and 2k limit is 20*

Load = %25

Total Timing = 20* ( rpm timing) - %75 of 2* or *1.5  = 18.5 of timing.  

Load = %50 

Total Timing = 20* ( rpm timing) - %50 of 2* or 1*  = 19 of timing.  

Load =  %75

Total Timing = 20* ( rpm timing) - %25 of 2* or .5*  = 19.5 of timing.

Load = %100

Total Timing = 20* ( rpm timing) - %0 of 2* or 0*  = 20 of timing.

Pretty much I minus an inverted % of load timing based on load from 0-100%

49 minutes ago, Carbur8tr said:

@Me78569 and @Mopar1973Man

Can you give me a break down of what parameters yall are running on your daily tunes currently?  Just curious to compare.

@TFaoro What mileage are you seeing these days?

My v2.2 tune is as follows

Power Levels: 6

Fuel Load Timing:2

Low PSI Timing Reduct:2

Timing Reduct Scaling: 100

Cruise Timing Adv: 4

cruise boost psi disable: 8 psi

Timing vs rpm 

1500: 16

2000: 18

2500: 23

3000: 25

Timing Max: 26

Pump Stretch: 1750

TPS Pump max: 100

TPS Pump Min 20

Pump Low Boost Limit: 8

Pump Low Boost Scale %: 0

Boost Scaling: 40

RPM Limit: 3400

Power Reduction: 35

0 PSI %: 87

1 PSI %: 88

2 PSI %: 89

3 PSI %: 90

4 PSI %: 91

5 PSI %: 92

6 PSI %: 93

7 PSI %: 94

8 PSI %: 95

9 PSI %: 96

10 PSI %: 98

11 PSI %: 100

12 PSI %: 102

13 PSI %: 104

14 PSI %: 106

15 PSI %: 108

16 PSI %: 110

18 PSI %: 114

20 PSI %: 118

22 PSI %: 122

24 PSI %: 126

26 PSI %: 130

28 PSI %: 134

30 PSI %: 138

5 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

Got it. You're reducing timing at lower load to try and spool the turbo(s) with less fuel. Well done!

I wouldn't say it is designed to help spool the turbo, more so to give a "weight" to load in the timing function.  Timing reduct should be used to help spool the turbo still.

• Like 1

• Owner

From an MPG standpoint, you want high timing under low engine loads. Fuel Load Timing is counter productive. So on an economy tune, you want that set to 0. On a performance tune, I could see using that to gain good spooling of the turbo. Like on my economy tune I'm been using the "Low PSI Reduct" to kick the turbo up quickly on spool. Like today I jumped from 3* to 5* in this setting which gives a sudden drop of timing to light the turbo and then pops right back up nearly instantly. 

Gives me an idea on the performance tune though on how to use it I might play a bit tomorrow in Boise... (Evil laughter).

@Me78569 thank you for the list.  Reason I ask is because I have been averaging about 16 in town and only saw about 17 on the last tank that was mostly highway.  I need to pull back on a few things though that can help like low boost psi and tps wire tap.  Mine are way low compared to yours so bringing the fuel in quicker.

I would ensure your mpg tune doesn't have wiretap functioning at cruise.  It's unneeded fueling that is not really "manageable" to the level to get good mpg.  

Flash the latest hardfuel flash and update your vehcile for v2 quadzilla only.  Try that timing for cruise.  Ensure that at 65 mph you are seeing about 20* of timing.  I would be very surprised if you couldn't net low mid 20's

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Carbur8tr said:

@Me78569 thank you for the list.  Reason I ask is because I have been averaging about 16 in town and only saw about 17 on the last tank that was mostly highway.  I need to pull back on a few things though that can help like low boost psi and tps wire tap.  Mine are way low compared to yours so bringing the fuel in quicker.

Can you put your signature in?

40 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I would ensure your mpg tune doesn't have wiretap functioning at cruise.  It's unneeded fueling that is not really "manageable" to the level to get good mpg.  

Flash the latest hardfuel flash and update your vehcile for v2 quadzilla only.  Try that timing for cruise.  Ensure that at 65 mph you are seeing about 20* of timing.  I would be very surprised if you couldn't net low mid 20's

Level 2 FTW! Still making 40psi at 85% of fueling too :lol: 

• Owner

Ok. I'm enjoying the new flash. You have to make sure that the cruise pressure is high enough that you can keep it in cruise state. Then make sure your wire tap pressure is at least one pound over the cruise pressure. So I made the mistake of tuning for 55-65 MPH and then hit the interstate and struggled to keep the boost down enough to keep the cruise timing. I've got that corrected now. 

I did something unusual this trip and isolated my logs for my city driving. So after traveling around town in stop-go traffic for 10 miles doing miscellaneous shopping I still turned out a whopping 29.12 MPG logging only the city travel. This is with city traffic and speed limits of 30-40 MPH tops. My total for the tank right now is 21.6 MPG which isn't too bad. Still tweaking and tuning on the way home from here. I'm going to start splitting up my MPG logs and sampling more.

Time to kill some ponies and save the environment. Haha just kidding, but seriously hoping for some better mileage on this tune.  Feel free to make suggestions.

Number of PL 6
RPM Limit 3300
Valet Mode Power 40
Max Fuel Stretch 1500
TPS Pump Maximum 100
TPS Pump Minimum 35
Minimum Pump Tap Fueling % 15
Pump Low Boost Scale PSI 15
Boost Scaling 40

Fuel Load Timing 2
Low PSI Timing Reduct 3
Timing Reduct Scale 50
Cruise Advance 3

1500 15
2000 18
2500 22
3000 24
Max 26

0 PSI Scaling 85%
1 PSI Scaling 86%
2 PSI Scaling 87%
3 PSI Scaling 88%
4 PSI Scaling 89%
5 PSI Scaling 90%
6 PSI Scaling 91%
7 PSI Scaling 92%
8 PSI Scaling 93%
9 PSI Scaling 94%
10 PSI Scaling 96%
11 PSI Scaling 98%
12 PSI Scaling 100%
13 PSI Scaling 102%
14 PSI Scaling 105%
15 PSI Scaling 108%
16 PSI Scaling 111%
18 PSI Scaling 115%
20 PSI Scaling 119%
22 PSI Scaling 123%
24 PSI Scaling 127%
26 PSI Scaling 131%
28 PSI Scaling 135%
30 PSI Scaling 140%

Edited by Carbur8tr

Do you need to start that low on canbus?  I would assume you would need to start in the 95 range for smoke free down there at sea level.  

Did you flash the latest I posted yesterday?  Cruise timing is better on that one, but you will need to bump your cruise setting to 4*

Wasn't aware you posted another one yesterday. File name looked the same, but I'll give it a shot.

Dumb question, but where did you post it?

Also no, I don't need to start that low but I was seeing similar result in fuel mileage with starting around 96 so trying to essentially force myself to stay out of it a little more.  Might work might not but I have seen no where near 20 like many here so hoping that will change.  

Also thinking about running over my valves again this weekend and check the lash.  It's been about 30k, and yes I know it's recommended every 100k but being that I have 110lb springs I worry a little more about wear and tear.

Pinned to the top of section.  

Something's up if you are only seeing 17 mpg though.  What's timing sitting at cruise? Canbus message?

I would run as high as possible on canbus without smoke.  That should ensure most efficient running.

I just tried updating my phone to the APK provided and got a version 1.9.6 but there is no custom tuning option. Maybe somehow I did it wrong. Do I need to use dropbox or can I directly download it to the phone.

Screenshot_2017-02-03-19-05-17.png

I assume I need to chose beta tunning? As did before.

Screenshot_2017-02-03-19-24-37.png

Edited by Dieselfuture