• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 Testing

TFaoro

9 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

This is VERY strange, 2nd person to have this issue.   

Uninstall the app fully and load it from dropbox again. I will try myself.

Ok Just uninstalled and installed and it showed up, but like you said an issue, I don't even see option for betta now.

My head hearts, going to mix a drink while you figure this out and sit here and wait :cheers:

Edited by Dieselfuture

Maybe me trying to download it :), I'll try right now. Thanks.

@Me78569

Ok I think it's working, I selected V2 Dodge 2001-2002 Version 2.2 is that correct? My truck is 02. I think I will be running ADR 2.2 Standard Fuel I don't see a reason for me to go above 3000 rpm. Is it what most of you run?

What is V2 Quadzilla only? and no more Betta option?

Sorry trying to catch up. 

Edited by Dieselfuture

• Owner

I've got a odd bug that shown up twice now with this update. The iQuad app will crash and not connect again. So to recover you have to select another vehicle and then return back to the Quadzilla V2 selection again. Re-enter all your settings again and it will work for awhile till it crashes again I've seen this 3 times now. I'm not sure if its the APK or what.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

@Mopar1973Man The apk that was posted had issue, no idea what yet.  

@Dieselfuture the v2 quad only is my test truck for if I want to try something.  but if you load the current flash you should run the v2 quad only as it has the boost limit variable.  I run the hard fuel tune just because I need to test it.  If you have a stock valve train keep the standard fuel tune.  

Also as of the posted flashes yesterday all flashes will have a new sensor called " build date" which tells you when the flash was created.  we can use this to make sure we are all on the same page. 

Also the RPM limit now applies to canbus fueling too, keep in mind if you set RPM limit to 3200 fueling won't go to 0 just ramp down.  Don't think of it as a hardlimit. 

• Like 1

Ha Ha, now I'm getting that good ole message where my stupid computer can't seem to find the module just says searching and then, yeap nothing there. I might have to go through the processes of installing and uninstalling driver for Quadzilla again. Does this happen still? I remember Tyler mentioning it before, on how he had to do it. 

So general consensus is to pull Canbus up to a reasonable level with regards to smoke? Does anyone think that this could hurt gas mileage one way or another?  I have the smoke tuned completely out at this point.

I had a thought this evening and wanted to see if anyone had anything to add.  It's to my rough understanding that the HO pump has a bit more timing advance than the SO meaning that fuel is actually going in sooner in most cases on an HO pump when compared to an SO, theoretically. It's also fact that the HO piston bowls are a bit narrower than the SO bowls.  If I remember right we are talking MM, but regardless when you combine that with the aftermarket injectors which undoubtedly have a spray angle similar to that of an SO injector, you can imply that the fuel needs to be injected a little bit later in order to get the same results that you would normally see in an SO truck.

Same result being, fuel being injected in the bowl while leaving enough room for the piston to compress and ignite in a similar fashion.  Now there is another layer of complexity here though and that is that the HO trucks have higher compression which would in a sense work the other way because with a higher compression the ignition will start much earlier in the piston travel.  Now when I say much earlier we are probably talking about micrometers or maybe even less but regardless it's something we have to compensate for.

All that to say that theoretically 19-20 degrees for an HO truck (HO pump and pistons) might be too much and it might be resulting in a less than optimal ignition and burn.  So now back to the drawing board.  Fuel mileage seems to be steady around 16mpg at 20 degrees which I think can be much better so I'm going to back it down to 17 degrees (0 on cruise) and see if anything changes.

TLDR: HO trucks = higher compression, more timing, smaller bowls.  Timing might need to be pulled in order to obtain better mileage out of an HO truck. Will let you know what 17 degrees does in a couple of days.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Carbur8tr said:

So general consensus is to pull Canbus up to a reasonable level with regards to smoke? Does anyone think that this could hurt gas mileage one way or another?  I have the smoke tuned completely out at this point.

I had a thought this evening and wanted to see if anyone had anything to add.  It's to my rough understanding that the HO pump has a bit more timing advance than the SO meaning that fuel is actually going in sooner in most cases on an HO pump when compared to an SO, theoretically. It's also fact that the HO piston bowls are a bit narrower than the SO bowls.  If I remember right we are talking MM, but regardless when you combine that with the aftermarket injectors which undoubtedly have a spray angle similar to that of an SO injector, you can imply that the fuel needs to be injected a little bit later in order to get the same results that you would normally see in an SO truck.

Same result being, fuel being injected in the bowl while leaving enough room for the piston to compress and ignite in a similar fashion.  Now there is another layer of complexity here though and that is that the HO trucks have higher compression which would in a sense work the other way because with a higher compression the ignition will start much earlier in the piston travel.  Now when I say much earlier we are probably talking about micrometers or maybe even less but regardless it's something we have to compensate for.

All that to say that theoretically 19-20 degrees for an HO truck (HO pump and pistons) might be too much and it might be resulting in a less than optimal ignition and burn.  So now back to the drawing board.  Fuel mileage seems to be steady around 16mpg at 20 degrees which I think can be much better so I'm going to back it down to 17 degrees (0 on cruise) and see if anything changes.

TLDR: HO trucks = higher compression, more timing, smaller bowls.  Timing might need to be pulled in order to obtain better mileage out of an HO truck. Will let you know what 17 degrees does in a couple of days.

From observation, I think the HO pump is approximately 2* more advanced than the SO pump. Nick and I deduced that from idle state. We "think" idle state timing should be the same for both the HO and SO models. Since the ECM is kicking out about 2* less at idle we think the pump is advanced by 2*. 

Compression wise, I haven't noticed a difference. I've got marine 17.2:1 compression which I am pretty sure is the same as the HO model. If I were you I would still aim for the 19-20* range but take into account the 2* offset. I think you're right in line going for the 17. 

Having to "figure out" the differences is hard.

@Carbur8tr From what I have seen my MPG seems to be best when my canbus tuning is aggressive enough to to get me off the line without going too deep into the throttle, but avoid smoke.  I have a very light haze under heavy accel now.    However you should only need as much fuel as you need to keep speed, canbus % shouldn't matter in the end.

Now that Cruise timing is %100 on it's own I can also say that canbus % shouldn't matter, it would have before, but the change this week removes oem timing out of the mix.  

I would be very curious to hear your findings from this week forward.  I think that your Timing is going to need to be less aggressive across the board by 1*-2*.  

I would spend some time at 65 mph moving timing up and down at a given speed and see what causes EGT's to come down.  Using The cruise timing setting should allow you to do this pretty easy.