• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 Testing

TFaoro

@TFaoro...............:whistle2: Don't mind me just not doing anything.........

3 minutes ago, Carbur8tr said:

@Me78569 Two questions,

1) Pump stretch, what exactly is limiting us to 1200-2200 microseconds? Have you looked any into variable stretch?

2) When you're referring to the fueling tables what exactly are you referring to?  Is this stock fueling tables or something that you or quad/Spencer/whoever designed?  

My rough understanding is that the canbus percentage map is only for canbus fueling so ~65hp to be had there, but when it comes to the fueling tables and pump stretch I'm a bit confused after reading through a few things.  

1. The construction of the parts on the board.  That's why the 4k is physically different.  I have not sure there is a good way to do it beyond the map.  We could do a similar thing to canbus, but there would require another 20 some odd tuning variables, not gonna happen.   It is already variable based on the map, 0-100% ramp up based on values,   Keep in mind you can contorl a lot of the map right now with the boost settings and tps settings, and min wiretap settings.  

2. The Wiretap uses a fueling table to tell the quad how much of the wiretap micro sec to apply.  The main fueling tables we use are in the ecm however.   you would have to show me the post you are confused about. 

So rememeber that canbus fueling isn't 65 hp, it is roughly 300 hp or 3/4 of the total fueling we have.  Wiretap will add another ~2200 microseconds on top of what we have using canbus.  without the canbus fueling base wiretap is really not that much power.  

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 2

I just flashed and downloaded the latest update this afternoon, and also chose normal fueling. I copied a few tunes that I found on here and was driving under the performance tune (moparman posted) and for some reason iquad on my tablet quit. However, I could tell that it was still in the performance mode as I was driving because the acceleration pick up was far better than stock.. What do you suggest I do?? I  tried turning the truck on and off I also restarted the tablet and made sure the Bluetooth was still connected.  My truck is mainly stock I don't have injectors I don't have any turbo upgrades I have a fass 150 in a 5 inch Turbo back exhaust.  The truck is running fine I'm just not sure how to get iquad working properly on the tablet

IMG_0476.JPG

Edited by JDHudsn
Wanted to add pictures

9 hours ago, TFaoro said:

Someday I'm going to convince you to do some work on the backdowns. The main one I'd like to see is EGT defueling smoother than just jumping levels. 

Agree, I'd be useing defuel options if they were smooth. I used it few times and sounded like my truck blew up. So disabled them. 

It would be nice for Towing if you weren't paying attention to gauges and started to lose power smoothly, then you would just downshift knowing that you just hit one of the defuel parameters.

Edited by Dieselfuture

Everything is operational. I will be taking a 500 mile road trip starting tonight. Hoping to mess with different tunes and try out one of the economy tunes. Thanks everyone for all you're hard work you have put into this. This tuner is a game changer!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm now in the phase testing 1* of cruise timing.

I'm at .1 which is having the truck hover in the 17 degree range and so far it looks like this tank is going to come out with better mileage.  Will have to fill up tomorrow so I'll let you know what I find.

On another note @Me78569 and @jlbayes, I've been reading a little on the VP mainly just trying to get some more info on pop pressure and so forth and most of what I found is just hearsay.  What I would really like to find is some information on "max reliable pop pressure" that's attainable.

Two concerns though, 1 the pump itself and the max pressure it can provide to an repeatable injection event, and 2 the happy medium between atomization and risk breaking a tip or fatiguing the spring.  Any thoughts?

• Owner
17 minutes ago, Carbur8tr said:

I'm at .1 which is having the truck hover in the 17 degree range and so far it looks like this tank is going to come out with better mileage.  Will have to fill up tomorrow so I'll let you know what I find.

I can say I've tried 4.5* all the way down to 1.0* of cruise timing with no change in MPGs so far. I'm hovering at about 15* total timing at 55 MPG and 16* at 65 MPH. Still hanging around the 18.7 MPG range. I think part of this is the limit of the winterized fuel I'm using.

I've read 20k as well but find that hard to believe considering that would be close to 5 times that of spec which is 4500 +-250(per the manual).  If it was though I wonder if timing becomes an issue at that point?  Also I would have to wonder how long the injector pump could sustain that pressure.  You could definitely empty the barrels/plungers a lot faster which might mean more RPMS up top.....

Now you really have me thinking.

Edited by Carbur8tr