• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 Testing

TFaoro

On 2/6/2017 at 11:32 AM, Me78569 said:

11 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

@TFaoro you're right

v0apY.gif

i'm bored.

Well you let me rip my truck apart so I haven't been able to find any issues....... yet! 

Let me think on it. Heading to the mountains tomorrow for some snowmobiling. Fresh mountain air always brings about some ideas. 

Maybe you need to move into the app development realm :shifty: 

So I've been paying a little more attention to timing lately and noticed something a little odd and wanted your thoughts.

Right now cruise timing is set to .1 and was settling around 17 while cruising when I first started testing this, but here lately it's been dropping around 14-15 for almost no reason.  Any thoughts?

Timming%20again_zpsgbnesxqg.jpg

• Owner

That's a bug that I know of @Me78569 says there is a bug about what data is displayed while in cruise control state for fly by wire systems. So to see actual timing you have to lightly place your foot on the throttle and put 1-2% worth of throttle sense on the Quad and it will now show the proper timing. 

Cruise timing now tries to get your desired timing at 2400 rpm.   This way you can set your timing at the fastest you want to drive,then have it automatically come down as revs drop.  

your rpms are at the lower end of the cruise timing range.   If you want 17* at 1600 rpm, I would put your cruise timing setting to ~2- 2.5* 

8 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Cruise timing now tries to get your desired timing at 2400 rpm.   This way you can set your timing at the fastest you want to drive,then have it automatically come down as revs drop.  

your rpms are at the lower end of the cruise timing range.   If you want 17* at 1600 rpm, I would put your cruise timing setting to ~2- 2.5* 

Will do.

So no more starting at 17*?

• Owner

I finally updated the flash on the Quadzilla. I figure tonight while I was adjusting headlight again I would play with the defuel features. The boost defuel... :lmao::lmao2: I set it for 30 PSI which I know I can hammer past without a doubt. Well, what happens is I can build boost so fast that it still tips off my gauge light at 38 PSI but quickly reels back the power as it falls on its face attempting to hold 30 but keeps pushing past it slightly. With the +2 lead on the Quadzilla it should be -2 on my gauge it's not though...

I wanted to test the logging feature tonight too but forget to hit EXPORT before shutting down. :duh: Try again another day...

Edited by Mopar1973Man

3 hours ago, Carbur8tr said:

Will do.

So no more starting at 17*?

Cruise timing will start at 17* at 2400 rpm.  

This is the only way to ramp down timing as revs fall.  so you want to set your cruise timing to be whatever you would want at 80 mph.  If you want cruise at 65 to be 17* then you would want to set cruise timing at 80 to be ~18-19*   the way it was working was only allowing you to set a timing value for 1 situtation.  This way you can set timing as the fastest you will travel and timing will fall as speed falls.  at 65 mph you need less timing than at 80 mph.  The hope is by keeping it linear for cruise you can keep mpg timing in the right spot across a wider range of speeds.

@Mopar1973Man spiking beyond the limit will happen, but it will reel back quickly and try to settle.  

• Like 1

Yea, it's very hard to try and guess that it will overshoot with so many different fueling mods out there.   I will start ramping down boost 2 psi before hte limit is reached, then it will backdown quickly until boost falls and hold that backdown until the low limit is reached in which case it will start to add uel back again but at %25 of the rate it pulls it.

• Like 2

~Forgive me if this has already been covered~

Couple questions about the custom tuning parameters..

1- Cruise timing Boost PSI Limit.     What should it be at? I put mine @ 40. I have not seen that parameter in the tunes posted

2- Cruise timing Adv.    Since it won't accept values in decimal increments, I assume setting it to 1 will only result in loss of mpg, Am I right? 

Should be getting quad tomorrow. This is friggin awesome guys! Shoutout to @TFaoro & @Me78569 as well as @Mopar1973Man for convincing me to dump my edge and go the quad V2 route. Looking forward to smoking my wifes SUV in the MPG department haha :burnout:

• Like 1

1. Set this at a PSI that is above your normal DD cruising PSI.  This limit is set to prevent cruising time from engaging if boost is above that limit, IE going over a hill.  Typically in the 8-12psi region is where I would set it, but that depends on your psi at highway cruise.

2. That's a known bug in the IOS version of the software.  Typically you want this setting at 2 - 4 * of advance for optimal mpg at highway speeds.  Keep in mind this is a base 17* setting at 2400 rpm.  So if you want 20* at 65, set your cruise timing to ~3 -4 * so that when RPMS are at 2k then your timing will be at 20*   Mess with it some to find what works best for you.  Just remember it is setting your max cruise timing at 2400 rpm, it will ramp down in a linear fashion to 1400 rpm, 3* span or ~ 1* per 330 Revs.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

1. Set this at a PSI that is above your normal DD cruising PSI.  This limit is set to prevent cruising time from engaging if boost is above that limit, IE going over a hill.  Typically in the 8-12psi region is where I would set it, but that depends on your psi at highway cruise.

2. That's a known bug in the IOS version of the software.  Typically you want this setting at 2 - 4 * of advance for optimal mpg at highway speeds.  Keep in mind this is a base 17* setting at 2400 rpm.  So if you want 20* at 65, set your cruise timing to ~3 -4 * so that when RPMS are at 2k then your timing will be at 20*   Mess with it some to find what works best for you.  Just remember it is setting your max cruise timing at 2400 rpm, it will ramp down in a linear fashion to 1400 rpm, 3* span or ~ 1* per 330 Revs.

I forgot to add that Max Load Timing Offset is called Fuel load timing on the iOS iQuad. Looks obvious to me that the two are the same. 

Edited by crf450ish

anyone tried to install an app radio and use the quad though it rather then a phone?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pioneer-6-2-built-in-bluetooth-apple-ipod-ready-in-dash-receiver-black/8131042.p?skuId=8131042

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-New-2-Din-Android-6-0-QUAD-CORE-CPU-Car-GPS-Stereo-1080P-Mirror-Play-Player-/122241284975?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

just an idea to kill 2 birds one stone. I want to install a double din nav. back up camera ect unit anyways. just would like to lessen the clutter if possible.

I know of one guy that did it.  It's a neat idea, but I much prefer to take my phone in the house to tune with.  I don't know that I would enjoy tuning on the stereo.

You do have to jump through hoops to get it to install.  What hoops I have no idea.

10 hours ago, Jolsen said:

anyone tried to install an app radio and use the quad though it rather then a phone?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pioneer-6-2-built-in-bluetooth-apple-ipod-ready-in-dash-receiver-black/8131042.p?skuId=8131042

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-New-2-Din-Android-6-0-QUAD-CORE-CPU-Car-GPS-Stereo-1080P-Mirror-Play-Player-/122241284975?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

just an idea to kill 2 birds one stone. I want to install a double din nav. back up camera ect unit anyways. just would like to lessen the clutter if possible.

10 hours ago, Me78569 said:

I know of one guy that did it.  It's a neat idea, but I much prefer to take my phone in the house to tune with.  I don't know that I would enjoy tuning on the stereo.

You do have to jump through hoops to get it to install.  What hoops I have no idea.

I velcroed a cheap android tabled to my sunvisor and routed a 10' charging cable to it lol. I flip it down to screw with on the fly and it keeps my gauges in eye view. works nicely, I need to post pictures