• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 Testing

TFaoro

24 minutes ago, Carbur8tr said:

We would need to discuss the timing up top, I have a few thoughts on this subject.

Spill some thoughts. The more ideas and more discussions the better. Personally, I want to see timing ramp up faster when boost is present. 

As for not having as much punch, I would have to agree that comes in the 0-10psi range. I've got mine really low so it doesn't blow any smoke, but my dyno settings will really lay you back in the seat. Just can't use them because it blacks out the sun. 

4 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

If you have your pump tps max set to anyhting below 100%, when you more your throttle to that point and if boost is below 10psi, your boost map will be based on 10psi.  IE the quad pretty much makes psi = 10 if you go above your TPS Pump max tuning variable.  

Is this only when boost is below 10psi? Or is this all the time? 

only if boost input is below 10psi and tps is above your tps pump max setting.  

I don't know if I that section of code or not, but I guess I can see how it might be "handy" for a stock injector truck. or maybe a truck with a bad map sensor?  I dunno.

I always recommend tps pump max being set at 100% though.  

14 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

yep if you had it set to 99 and you went WOT without psi being at 10 it would have set your PSI at 10.   that must have felt like the truck was going to wrap itself around you.

That's only 150% can-bus plus another 40% of 1800us pulse. 

Made it spool nicely though...

So is there a good starting point for empty cruising around 60 mph or so for good mpg. I got older quad with v2 pulse monitor that I can adjust things with. I believe the tune on it, is whatever came with it, maybe comp 1000, and I can save two other custom tunes on there. Never really played with it too much. I've been just experimenting with stock tune and different levels. So far it seems that level 3 is where it's at, right around 19.5-20 mpg mostly 55-60 mph and some 65. level 1 as quad says max mileage is not really all that, I think I got 20.5 mpg on that one but I think I drove mostly 55, so I could of done that with level 3.

So question is for us with older quad, what's a good place to start for making a custom tune to get 25mpg at 55mph. Basically if I go custom tuning what do I need to set things at to get in a ball park. I'm sure other will love to know this also. Thank you. :cheers:

Older quad tunes,

keep the quad turned up to max level, keep tps pump min at %20 and set timing at 8* with 100% scaling.   

lvls: whatever

timing max: 8

timing scaling: 100

tps can max: 100

tps can min: 0

tps pump max: 100

tps pump min: 20

boost scaling: 40

fuel stretch:` 1800

Most importantly keep the quad turned up.  old quad tunes scaled the timing based on levels so if you run on lvl 3 you might only be cruising at 17-18* of timing

• Like 1

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

Older quad tunes,

keep the quad turned up to max level, keep tps pump min at %20 and set timing at 8* with 100% scaling.   

Most importantly keep the quad turned up.  old quad tunes scaled the timing based on levels so if you run on lvl 3 you might only be cruising at 17-18* of timing

Is there a reason to keep the older tunes if you can update to the new beta v2?

8 minutes ago, leathermaneod said:

Here's another question, are the quad boxes different based on map sensor/year or are they all the same and useable with an adapter?

They have a little "jumper" on the circuit board that is easily removed by anyone, so basically the boxes work for all years if you have the jumper. 

Without the jumper they are plug and play for 98-00

With the jumper they are plug and play for 01-02

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

They have a little "jumper" on the circuit board that is easily removed by anyone, so basically the boxes work for all years if you have the jumper. 

Without the jumper they are plug and play for 98-00

With the jumper they are plug and play for 01-02

What about the difference in map sensor plug shape?

• Staff
4 minutes ago, Silverdodge said:

i think he launches at 4500 ish and let's it rev from there if I remember correctly haven't talked to him since spring but I remember thinking that's a lot of timing 

Thats why. 32° at 4500 is a whole lot different that 32° at 2500. 

• Like 1

which is why he needs to launch that high.  The engine would run like garbage on the street with static timing set at 32*.   32* at 2500 is signficantly more timing, compared to piston vs TDC than at 4500 rpm.  Remember the faster the motor turns to more timing you need to get detonation at the same point compared to TDC

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 1