• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 Testing

TFaoro

21 hours ago, Me78569 said:

Older quad tunes,

keep the quad turned up to max level, keep tps pump min at %20 and set timing at 8* with 100% scaling.   

Most importantly keep the quad turned up.  old quad tunes scaled the timing based on levels so if you run on lvl 3 you might only be cruising at 17-18* of timing

Thank you, another few questions if I may, as I'm not too bright with this. 

I saved this tune under tune 1 and drove about 120ml so far, feels responsive especially after I get to 20% load then it fuels harder, is it because of tps pump min is set to 20?. It did surge a little a few times under light acceleration, but not bad. I guess I have a lot of questions but will start with simple ones I think.

1 If I drive on max level, doesn't it use wire tap then? and the idea is to use can bus only for best mpg

2 according to quad when I purchased it level 1 was max mileage and I believe Jeremy said that's all it did is pull more timing and nothing else how far did that pull timing and was it just can bus fueling then (never got a clear answer on that from anyone I don't think) and most guys said they were getting more power and better mpg in higher levels anyway. 

2 How exactly does this can bus add more fuel without wire tap? :sofa:

2 This fuel stretch at 1800, is that milliseconds of time that it's holding the fuel solenoid open longer?

4 So if the new quad box is the same as the one I got, by saving this tune you provided me, is it same as updating it to betta tunes, or this new stuff you've been working on and everyone is impressed with is something else and I need a software update with your latest update? 

Man I have so much to learn, had this thing for 4-5 years now and never seen the full potential. 

I hope this made since at all. :surrender:

• Owner
39 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

1 If I drive on max level, doesn't it use wire tap then? and the idea is to use can bus only for best mpg

Because you have to exceed 20% TPS value to hit wire tap so your riding on CANBus fuel only till you cross that 20% value of TPS.

2 according to quad when I purchased it level 1 was max mileage and I believe Jeremy said that's all it did is pull more timing and nothing else how far did that pull timing and was it just can bus fueling then (never got a clear answer on that from anyone I don't think) and most guys said they were getting more power and better mpg in higher levels anyway. 

I don't go for the pre-packaged programs claiming MPG mode. Like mine is 6* of timing and hitting better MPG numbers than @Me78569 or @TFaoro on the interstate now. More timing doesn't always mean better MPG's. Like myself being I've only got +50HP injectors I don't need the heavy timing because I've got a good spray from my mild injectors so it lights easy.

2 How exactly does this can bus add more fuel without wire tap? :sofa:

You can tune each boost PSI position with as much or little of fuel as you wish. So you can defuel below stock for guys like @TFaoro and get the turbos lit up and then cross back over to above stock to continue building power. 

2 This fuel stretch at 1800, is that milliseconds of time that it's holding the fuel solenoid open longer?

Correction. It's not milliseconds... It MICROseconds. So, like I'm set for 1400 MICROseocnds fo fuel stretch. This is the added time the wire tap is adding to the fuel solenoid.

4 So if the new quad box is the same as the one I got, by saving this tune you provided me, is it same as updating it to betta tunes, or this new stuff you've been working on and everyone is impressed with is something else and I need a software update with your latest update? 

As far as I know you just update to the newest App on your device and then update the Quadzilla Adrenaline to the newest V2 flash and your all set. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

The tune I sent you is not a V2 beta tune it is a V1 tune. 

You might want to read through the tuning article I wrote for the quad.  It goes into details. about tuning for both the V1 tunes and the V2 tunes

The V1 tuning can be surgey at light throttle, just the nature of the beast.  The v2 tuning solves that.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Me78569 said:

The tune I sent you is not a V2 beta tune it is a V1 tune. 

You might want to read through the tuning article I wrote for the quad.  It goes into details. about tuning for both the V1 tunes and the V2 tunes

The V1 tuning can be surgey at light throttle, just the nature of the beast.  The v2 tuning solves that.

Thank you for the article, I did read through it but some of it went right over. So is this new software(v2) you are currently tweaking for Tyler and Mike and others available for me or anyone to download someplace? and then I assume i need an older computer to update my quad module? I'm sorry for these simple questions but I'm kind of a pipe wrench and hammer guy. But once I'll grasp this I'll be alright :thumb1:  

Another question about regarding current tune you sent me, is pump stretch and timing ok where they are or should I lower it like Mike to 6 timing and 1400 stretch, and tps pump min at 20 does it mean when i get to 20% load then wire tap starts to work? :sofa: I'm going to stay behind couch for a while. 

• Owner
46 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I'm going to stay behind couch for a while. 

I did the same thing finally took the bull by the horn and went face to face. I suggest just playing with the stock v2 tune for now and slow tweak it a little at a time. There is several variables that will affect when and where the wire tap comes into play.

Very well said and some VERY HARD work done by @Me78569. Honestly I probably would have had to switch injectors as these left clouds everywhere at the slightest throttle input. Now I can stab my foot to 75% nearly smoke free and watch the power climb as boost climbs. My truck is very friendly on the street (nearly zero smoke with 7x.013) and a puts solid numbers down on the dyno and the street when I want it (500 can-bus 610 wiretap).

As of right now there is no other single programmer that can take a smokey pig and make it drive friendlier than a stock truck while putting big numbers down (big for a vp anyway.) 

Can't thank Nick enough for putting up with my griping / complaining. 

Big thanks to @Quadzilla Power for getting everything working with the app. May have some future requests for them as well. 

• Like 3

Thank u guys for all the hard work Nick Tyler Mike and quadzilla Ur making something remarkable for guys like me that want a high power street truck but want to be able to reduce power so u can let gf ect drive by them self's and make it truly daily able without making rain clouds I wanna say I'm appreciative of Ur guys hard work 

Hey Nick quad also coming for 03 to 07 6.0 powerstrokes?

Screenshot_20161103-015103.png

Edited by Silverdodge

• Owner

I gotta admit that @Me78569 has the hardest job. He keeps creating new puzzles for me to keep attempting to keep my good MPG tune. Like everyone involved we all have different goals and different purposes for our Quadzilla. The common goal of all of us is to have a smokeless tune and all the power you can make. Like my 2 tunes are based on "Empty Truck" or "Towing" tunes both I want good power, little to zero smoke. My best displayed on the OBDLink is 450 HP and 1200 FT/LBS at the flywheel (Calculated power at the flywheel - Not a dyno run)

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

Big thanks to @Me78569 for all of the patience and continued help with everything.  @Mopar1973Man is right, he really does not have an easy job putting up with all of us and with anything it can be frustrating at times especially when you work so hard on the code only to find that something went wrong or one little mistake was made.

This is miles ahead of the competition and definitely makes driving and using my truck more enjoyable, efficient, and at the end of the day, responsible.  Our community has come a long way and to be virtually smoke free but yet powerful is almost a dream and something that our generation of trucks has been in need of for a long time.  

Thanks again @Me78569.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Silverdodge said:

Thank u guys for all the hard work Nick Tyler Mike and quadzilla Ur making something remarkable for guys like me that want a high power street truck but want to be able to reduce power so u can let gf ect drive by them self's and make it truly daily able without making rain clouds I wanna say I'm appreciative of Ur guys hard work 

Hey Nick quad also coming for 03 to 07 6.0 powerstrokes?

Screenshot_20161103-015103.png

I have no idea what their plans are honestly. I am just a mule working on the stuff for our trucks.

Thank you for all of the hard work, I'm glad I held on to this quad this long. I thought it would be forgotten. What do I need to get this v2 tuning. I have quad box and v2 pulse monitor from 5 years ago. Do I just need an Iphone or that thing called iquad is not an iphone, and v2 tune downloaded to box? where is all of this good stuff? I want it, I want it, I want it, :hyper:

P.S. that tune you sent me fro v1, is a nice responsive tune with minimal surge and almost no smoke. I still netted right at 20 mpg as I did before with regular comp tune that came on quad on level 3. But it was definitely more responsive. 

Edited by Dieselfuture

15 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

you need the iquad ( wifi for i devives and bluetooth for andriod) dongle, The update flash for the box and you are off to the races.

Can I just buy it separate or do I need to buy the whole thing all over again?

Sorry and nevermind looks like they sell for $200

Edited by Dieselfuture

11 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Yep.  

The PC screen doesn't have the code for the expanded tuning.  

Ok, I feel like an idiot, but might as well be me asking a few more dumb questions. Looks like there is iquad and iquadbt guessing one is for apple phone and one is for droid phone. As mentioned above iquad uses wifi and iquadbt uses bluetooth. So does this Iquad send a wifi signal then? to be able to connect to phone wirelessly? 

PC screen ? Meaning old screen that I have (v2 pulse)

• Owner
2 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Looks like there is iquad and iquadbt guessing one is for apple phone and one is for droid phone.

Yes. I've got the iQuad BT for my Android phone.

3 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

So does this Iquad send a wifi signal then? to be able to connect to phone wirelessly? 

Yes. Is completely wireless data to the device. 

As for old school displays you'll have to ask @Me78569 about it.