• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Goodbye Edge Comp, Hello Quadzilla Adrenaline

Mopar1973Man

So from what I can see you only have noticable smoke on lvl 6?  Would you agree?  Also seems like smoke is much reduced after things are warmed up, at least that is what I could see in the video when you where on 6 and stabing the throttle on the runs at the end?

Thanks for doing the lvl3 so we can see what the smoke is a result of.   Would you agree that there is no smoke on lvl3?  I want to make sure what I see in the video matches what others see.

I think if we were to up the low limit for the wiretap to 12psi, rather than 7,  it would get rid of all the smoke.  

Where do you feel the quad and Edge are equal power wise at? Edge on 5 quad on what?

any other thoughts or impressions?  

• Owner
32 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

So from what I can see you only have noticable smoke on lvl 6?

Level 6 seems to blow a cloud but nowhere near as dense as the Edge Comp.

33 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Would you agree?

Yeah, just very mild short burst cloud.

34 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Also seems like smoke is much reduced after things are warmed up, at least that is what I could see in the video when you where on 6 and stabing the throttle on the runs at the end?

Actually, I was at full coolant temperature before starting any recording of the video. As for the Edge and the First Quadzilla videos those are running up hill, where the 2 Quadzilla video is running down hill the percent of grade is very mild like 1% or so.

• Owner
39 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Thanks for doing the lvl3 so we can see what the smoke is a result of.   Would you agree that there is no smoke on lvl3?

Yes. Level 3 is completely clean.

40 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Where do you feel the quad and Edge are equal power wise at? Edge on 5 quad on what?

Quad on level 4 vs. Edge Comp on 5x3. Even @Mopars Mistress agrees there is more power now than before...

Here soon I've got to drag a trailer. So we'll see how the tune does. If you want go ahead build the new tune I'll gladly flash it before pulling the trailer. 

• Owner

The only thing I did see that is surprising is the boost gauge (Quadzilla) vs boost gauge (ISSPro EV2) there is a 5 PSI gap. So Quadzilla shows 35 PSI then ISSPro is only showing 30 PSI. To confirm this I set the boost limit on the Quadzilla so I could pound the throttle and watch both hit a limit and hang and see the difference. I would have to say the engine sensor is inaccurate than the ISSPro EV2.

I don't think there is any difference.   the box is the same, just the coding on the box is updated with this.  

@Mopar1973Man

Interesting on the boost gauge.   Not really a huge deal for me, but I would be curious to see what others noticed.  Mine reads pretty close to the gauges I have compared to in the past.

• Owner
23 minutes ago, 903Dodge said:

When you are changing the setting on your quad are you doing it via tablet or phone?

Yes. There is no controls other wise. 

23 minutes ago, 903Dodge said:

Is their a base line in the setting you are using and then changing as you go?

@Me78569 Started me with a custom tune right out of the box. So I've never seen the factory Quadzilla tune as of yet.

Power wise quite surprising how much pull this beast has now compared to the dirty tune of Edge Comp. I'm now working to understand the optimal driving method to gain the most of everything. I can tell you there is an audible difference timing wise between the Quadzilla and Edge Comp. Edge Comp was very aggressive at cold startup in cold weather. Quadzilla so far is fairly mild in cold weather startup. 

@Me78569 Has another custom flash for me to try out tweaking even more... Try to get that done today.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

4 hours ago, Me78569 said:

I don't think there is any difference.   the box is the same, just the coding on the box is updated with this.  

@Mopar1973Man

Interesting on the boost gauge.   Not really a huge deal for me, but I would be curious to see what others noticed.  Mine reads pretty close to the gauges I have compared to in the past.

Ours reads differently on our test truck as well. Usually 3-5psi difference. I've noticed on the IssPro I'll hit 40psi at WOT and the Adrenaline will show 36-38psi. It could be that one is mechanical and the other is electrical. I guess some guys have a huge ordeal with how much boost their making, considering we get 5 calls a day asking why they aren't making 100,000,000psi like they were with the "other guys" module they had. 3-5psi isn't going to make that much of a difference, IMO.

• Like 2

• Owner
17 hours ago, Quadzilla Power said:

Ours reads differently on our test truck as well. Usually 3-5psi difference. I've noticed on the IssPro I'll hit 40psi at WOT and the Adrenaline will show 36-38psi.

I've alway knew about the inaccuracy between MAP sensor and boost gauge. Just know that I've seen it I can clue other that are solo to a module like Edge Juice or Quadzilla Adrenaline that the gauge is not accurate for true boost pressure numbers. Not saying that Edge or Quadzilla are to blame but the MAP sensor itself being it's getting all the data from the MAP sensor for boost fooling.

• Like 1

Exactly why I bumped up the low limit, you may be hitting that low limit before you should be and over fueling.

Who knows what causes the sensor to be off.  Might be an old sensor or maybe just the nature of the beast.  

Again doesn't bother me because I don't pay much attention to psi.

I have a 3-5psi difference until I get into the mid 40's, then they remain dang near perfect until the MAP sensor is maxed out at 62psi. 

Mine kept having a dirty "puff" like you have mike. @Me78569 and I determined it was because the boost was flying up and the refresh rate wasn't fast enough for a smooth curve in fueling. That's why my 15psi percent is lower than the surrounding percents. Lowering that effectively smoothed things out. 

If yours is all wiretap, I'd just hold off on the wiretap until a higher boost to keep it clean.