• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Wifes Oven Door Glass

JAG1

• Staff

My wifes oven door inner glass broke so now I have it apart and ready to order a new piece of 1/8th inch glass. Does anyone know if it's better to order the glass tempered? The old piece was not tempered, but, is there any special glass or something for ovens?

T.I.A.

• Staff
17 hours ago, dripley said:

google the brand and model # then search for the glass. I have found a good many appliance parts that way. I would agree it has to be some sort of heat resistant glass.

I've done the same thing.  The local Appliance Parts Warehouse wanted all most twice as much for the same part on the internet.    Like the difference between Napa  and RockAuto price. 

Needs to be heat resistant to stand up to 500°F.

• Staff

Thanks all will try that.

Yes surprisingly she does know quite a lot about using the oven. She can make things so awesome as long as company is coming or its a holiday :thumb1:.

Other days, is like.... hum lets see what I can find for myself.:think:. It's cool cause she works most days.

• Like 1

My wife all the time too and it seems when we discuss dinner it is where she is going to stop and get it on the home. Holidys and guests, it is about the same around my house.

2 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Thanks all will try that.

Yes surprisingly she does know quite a lot about using the oven. She can make things so awesome as long as company is coming or its a holiday :thumb1:.

Other days, is like.... hum lets see what I can find for myself.:think:. It's cool cause she works most days.

• Staff

Her overflow valve would be steamin'  if you did Katoom

I found out you can also use ceramic glass. Like that for a woodstove. The nice thing about it is that it can be easily cut to size even after it has been ceramisized. New word I guess

• Like 1