• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Injectors

Need a new set more than likely. Going to Getty mine bench tested. But need good information beforehand just in case. 

Shed your knowledge on injectors on me. Who to go with and why. 

I've heard a bit but need set straight on some things. My DAP set is less than 40k on me and at least one of them is bad. I don't like that idea...

If they were working fine but the oil was growing it could just be a bad O ring on the injector. I had the same issue 5 or so years ago. Put in a set of DAP's version of rv 275's and the are still going strong. I never had the stockers checked out, just used it as an excuse to go bigger.  

So does anyone have a suggestion on who to go with and what brand?

Probably going to go with a 100hp set or the rv275s not sure yet. I'm still leery about what i was told about performance injectors. Which might sway me to the 275s...

I have been quite happy with the DAP 275's. It would be a step down for you since you have been running the 75hp. They were a step up for me and one I will probably step up again. Vulcan has a good rep also. It would be interesting to know what happened to yours with the low mileage on them.

@Mopar1973Man you can NOT blame an injector alone for morning hard starts just because you swapped yours in. There could have been a slightly loose line, an O ring not seated right, etc. 

I do believe DAP makes a good product. I'd be calling Jacob and telling him exactly what happened with the set you have. He might be able to help with what went wrong and where. He might even take in the old ones just to figure out what's wrong and discount another set.

I'm betting there are literally thousands of his injectors out there and you rarely hear about an issue. 

• Like 1

I did call dap but didn't get Jacob himself. Whoever it was,he didn't offer up much and didn't have much to say. 

It's not like they came with a warranty. But i would have thought a set would have lasted longer than this...

I was directed to dynomite diesel also. They are edm honed or something i guess. 

3 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

@TFaoro the only thing I could suggest is pop test the injectors.

Agreed. 

25 minutes ago, hex0rz said:

I did call dap but didn't get Jacob himself. Whoever it was,he didn't offer up much and didn't have much to say. 

It's not like they came with a warranty. But i would have thought a set would have lasted longer than this...

I was directed to dynomite diesel also. They are edm honed or something i guess. 

Did you buy used? I thought they had a 1yr warranty. 

I would call and get ahold of Jacob. Tell them he's the only one you want to talk to. Who were you directed to? 

He can test them as good as anyone and I cant see why he would not shoot you straight on what failed. Could be something very simple. Even the best of the best have an occasional failure. Look at your 53 block engine. You were more fortunate than many were with that. Cant loose anything by trying. 

Just temper your thoughts with this, even with a one year warranty you are 3 years over that. Anything he does to help is gravy and not an obligation.

• Like 1

Dynomite diesel is going to bench them for me i think. Going to run them down to them next weekend and see what they can do. I'll call Jacob beforehand too and see if he has anything to say. 

There is no expectation from me that Jacob is in any way obligated to fix this. My only thing is im just confused as to why i got so little miles out of them. If Jacob feels there is a defect in workmanship and he wants to do something about it, fine by me. 

Any word on what you are hearing on your injectors? I did not mean to seem condescending in my post at all. I just never had any reason to mistrust DAP.  I know if my injectors had gone bad in 40k I would not have been happy either. Even with  my driving I would have been at least 6 months out of warranty. And probably not happy to boot.

I have been looking into it. I called dynomite diesel and they want 30 to test each injector. They'll waive the fee if an injector is bad and you buy a new set from them. 

Testing includes putting them on the bench, inspection and setting pressures. 

That's 180 dollars i don't want to risk.  A set of 75hp injectors is almost 800.

So i called dap and tried to get Jacob on the phone today. Was on hold for 10 minutes before i hung up...