• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla V2 Custom Tunes

Me78569

5 hours ago, Dodgeih said:

I'm at 

Load timing offset 2.5

Low psi reduct 2.5

Reduct salon scaling 100

Light advance 5

Load limit 32

Pretty high but It runs ok

Ok guys set my timing similar to the curve above and now my trucks valve cover is pouring out oil. Not sure if they are related or not. I started a post in the 24valve Powertrain section. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a rd. Trip planned this afternoon....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, JDHudsn said:

To decrease turbo lag should I adjust my canbus fueling curves? And what else? I’m ready to start adjusting everything to get the truck happy again :burnout: 

What parameters are you currently running?

General (semi-proven and supported) rules of thumb:

- Decreasing timing in the lower RPMs will help to spool the turbo ( do this through timing reduction not timing sliders)

- Increasing canbus can help but only to a certain point, try to find the point where you're getting hazy while accelerating then back down a step or two so you can clear up the smoke.

- Timing in the upper RPMs might help just a tad, this one is more debatable than the rest.  What I can say on this note is that I've notice the more timing up top seems to help clear the extra fuel I throw at the truck later in the curve.  Which from the butt dyno feels like more power so arguably better "spool" in some aspects.

Play around with it, no truck is the same and you might find your truck responds better to certain things than others.

Also for testing, I would suggest using this to help you out with building/exporting/importing tunes.  I'm a little biased towards it but for me it helps speed up adjusting things and visualizing the changes prior to actually running the tune.  Plus you can make little tweaks, export, rinse, and repeat however many times you want.

• Thanks 1

Moparman get a cheap hdd and have a windows partition on it? If you dont feel like pie'ing up your current drive.

That excel spreadsheet made me the best daily tune I've had yet. It's not dailed but it was so damn close out of the gate I havnt bothered with it hardly.

Carby: Thanks for mentioning 

- Decreasing timing in the lower RPMs will help to spool the turbo ( do this through timing reduction not timing sliders)

I havnt been pulling timing through timing reduction. I always pull it down 1-3pts because my truck likes less, and I like less smoke off the bottom end.

• Like 1

• Owner
29 minutes ago, rogerash0 said:

Moparman get a cheap hdd and have a windows partition on it?

Arrrghhh! I've been running VirtualBox of Windows 7 for a long time but as of this morning, Microsoft detected a hardware change and locked my copy of Windows 7. SOB! Crappy MicroJunk software. I hate this about Microsoft product stupid activation locks that lock you out when you need to use your machine. At least Linux doesn't do this. Then Windows Crashed... Just flipping great... At least the Linux machine is still going. 

Now I've got to tear down the entire Virtual Machine start over and reinstall Windows, all the drivers, reactivate, reinstall all the software again. Big PITA for me. This one of the huge reason I walked away from Microsoft World back in 2012. 

Still, I would have to buy a copy of Microsoft Office Excel for one tiny tuning table... Rather expensive. Why not convert to Open Office or Libre Office which are free versions. 

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Still, I would have to buy a copy of Microsoft Office Excel for one tiny tuning table... Rather expensive. Why not convert to Open Office or Libre Office which are free versions. 

Trust me I have tried to save you some time and so far have not had any luck.  Problem I have been having is that the VBA that excel supports and the functions I've used either do not have a sister in libre or it's simply not supported at all.  Moving data around is fine but actually getting it to function to a point where it's usable is the part that I've been struggling with.

Also, "tiny" is not the word I would use to describe it haha. @Me78569 can attest to that.

Why not pirate MS Office like the rest of the world? That's clearly not your taste, so its a dead end road to suggest that probably, but the load times of the open source stuff turned me off of it quickly.

Also I just downloaded NTLite to combine NVMe drivers into a Windows 7 installation ISO and Im pretty shocked, its free for home use and has a very slick easy to follow GUI. You can definitely customize your Windows xx ISO to include all the drivers and software you need. It even has a screen to execute files after installation. It's definitely worth checking out. It even has a fancy page showing your current Hardware Profile to ID all the missing/not missing drivers between your hardware & what's loaded into the Windows image.

Also Rufus will make you a "Windows to Go" USB installation.

Edited by rogerash0

• 2 weeks later...
On Saturday, September 09, 2017 at 9:26 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Learned something myself. 

If you creating fueling curves using exponential growth calculator like I do 4% is too steep and makes the acceleration feel notchy. About 2-3% is about the steepest you want to use. 

http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/math/exponential-growth-calculator.htm

Can you explain to me how to use this link for fuel curve?