• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla V2 Custom Tunes

Me78569

I'll take few pictures when I can, I'm not by the truck now, and it may be few days, but it says right on it hx35w, my guess is luck was on my side.

It has a waste gate and it's been stock shut for about 4 years now. I freed it up when I was putting exhaust break on, but after a month or so it quit working again. So I've been trying to stay below 40, and most of time try not to go over 30. But this run was wot with can bus maxed out and wire tap at 2000. Boost shut up so fast past 40, I was like :wow:, had it flored in each gear for about 3 seconds. Starting in 2nd. Fuel pressure dropped to 16 from 18-19, usually I only see 1psi swing. 

Ah that explains it.  Yeah, you sure are lucky.  Like Nick said, I would confirm with a mechanical gauge what the actual boost levels are.  My Quad has given me boost values of 50+ psi before, and the mechanical gauge said it was 43 psi...

I think I'll just lay off my Racing tune for a while, maybe if I ever figure out which turbo I want to go with. Plus I don't want to change my hx35 just because, it still works great. When time comes to rebuilding it, I'll see what I have and if it's just a regular hx35 I'll look into hybrid or other.  I was just mainly wondering if it was even possible to hit 50 psi with an hx35. 

On 3/29/2017 at 10:32 PM, Me78569 said:

tell tail sign of the ecm memory doing hte way of the buffalo. 

The WTS light is the light to show that the ecm is turning on. Think of the WTS light as

maxresdefault.jpg

Well guys unfortunately the new MAP sensor didn't fix the issue. Quad is still logging fluctuating boost pressures. Still need to check the wires really good from the ecm but other that that anyone have anything else that could help?

I hate to be the bear of bad news, but the V2 isn't going to work well with your dying ECM.   The V2 relies too much on solid sensor input that the ECM doesn't appear to be giving you.   If it was anything but the WTS being delayed I would say you shoudl dig more, but the WTS issue is pretty damning.

You can revert back to the older tunes, they should work better as they read from the Map sensor directly since they don't need filtered reads to have smooth fueling.   

However I would serously consider looking for a new ecm before you are left somewhere.

• Like 2

On 4/10/2017 at 10:57 PM, Me78569 said:

I hate to be the bear of bad news, but the V2 isn't going to work well with your dying ECM.   The V2 relies too much on solid sensor input that the ECM doesn't appear to be giving you.   If it was anything but the WTS being delayed I would say you shoudl dig more, but the WTS issue is pretty damning.

You can revert back to the older tunes, they should work better as they read from the Map sensor directly since they don't need filtered reads to have smooth fueling.   

However I would serously consider looking for a new ecm before you are left somewhere.

Anyone you recommend getting a new ecm from? eBay? Geno's? Or find a cummins dealer?

thanks for your help 

On 4/3/2017 at 7:31 AM, Dieselfuture said:

Had some time this weekend to play with a racing tune. Over all it worked well I though, some to minimal smoke and good power. Although I had my Boost defuel set at 37psi and EGT at 1300, data logging said I was at 49psi and 1500 egt. I may reduce it to 32 and 1100 and see how it defuels.  

Hey Dieselfuture, What revision of the base code are you using? If you look at the sensor data, you should see something that says Build Date, that is going to report the revision of the base code and may look  something like 20170217 or something similar. You want to make sure that you are using 20170315 or greater to make sure that  you have the backdown bug fixed. That could be why you are blowing right past your backdowns. 

10 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

@Quadzilla Power I will double check, thanks. Pretty sure I updated it to most recent. Never know though. 

Any ideas why my quad BT loses conection sometimes, just says device conection lost or something like that. 

I'm not sure about that. It could be any number of things from random electrical noise, to your phone dropping it, to electro-magnetic interference from overhead power lines.As long as the BT unit has power and is receiving a signal from the Adrenaline, it should give you a pretty strong signal. You might try moving the location of the BT module and see if it helps. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2016 at 4:21 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm running only 6* of timing. Then my low boost scale is set for 25%. I've taken a stock tune and tweaked it to my own liking. 

Power Levels: 7

Fuel Load timing: 2

Low PSI Timing Reduct: 3

Timing Reduct Scaling: 100

Light Throttle Timing Adv: 2

Light Throttle Timing Load Limit: 30

Timing vs rpm

1500: 16

2000: 18

2500: 23

3000: 25

Timing Max: 26

Fuel Stretch: 1400  ** turn this up if you need more power up top

TPS Pump max: 100

TPS Pump Min 20

Minimum Pump Tap Fueling Percentage:0

Pump Low Boost Scale PSI: 5

Boost Scaling: 38

RPM Limit: 3200

Power Reduction: 5 (Barely pulls at 5 MPH great security feature)

0 PSI %: 100

1 PSI %: 102

2 PSI %: 104

3 PSI %: 106

4 PSI %: 108

5 PSI %: 110

6 PSI %: 112

7 PSI %: 114

8 PSI %: 116

9 PSI %: 118

10 PSI %: 120

11 PSI %: 122

12 PSI %: 124

13 PSI %: 126

14 PSI %: 128

15 PSI %: 130

16 PSI %: 132

18 PSI %: 134

20 PSI %: 136

22 PSI %: 138

24 PSI %: 140

26 PSI %: 142

28 PSI %: 144

30 PSI %: 146

Hey guys, brand new member here.  

Im at a complete loss, with the fear of sounding dumb, im totally clueless with this V2 tuning.  Ive read everything on here and on the v2 tuning page.  But for some reason im having trouble understanding it all.  Ive never tuned before.  

So in order to get a little help here, i used the tune that ive quoted in my truck the other night.  EXCESSIVE smoke.  Very high EGTs, and some popping.  

So im asking for a little bit of guidance feom you guys.  Spencer at quadzilla told me to look u guys up.  Im willing to learn, dont really want to come in here and have everything handed to me on a silver platter.  Just trying to get this truck dialed in, without melting it down in the meantime.  I have edited my profile so u guys can see what i ha e dont to my rig.  Im also trying to upload my url to my profile so u can watch a cpl videos on my youtube channel to better understand my issues.  

So, with all that being said, can yall give me a hand with getting a good tune set up?

Edited by Me78569

@TJ_00Cummins with bigger injectors like you have you want to start your 0 psi at maybe 80% or so to get smoke cleared up. 

Try this one, it's something @Me78569 posted in the beginning of this thread 

Power Levels: 6

Fuel Load Timing: 2

Low PSI Timing Reduct: 2

Timing Reduct Scaling: 100

Light Throttle Timing Adv: 2

Light Throttle Timing Load Limit: 30

Timing vs rpm

1500: 16

2000: 18

2500: 23

3000: 25