• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla V2 Custom Tunes

Me78569

Oh.  Lol s366sxe (what i was told). 66/73.   My mechanic was being kinda vague with me about the injectors and stuff because he didnt want me to tell all the guys that i roll with untill it was tuned...

The changes were ok i suppose...less smoke in level 3, i started at 75@0psi and worked my way up to 126@30+psi...i also dropped tge wiretap to 10psi and changed the timing to 16, 19, 21, 23, and 25deg.... also changed my pump stretch to 1500

Feels a big laggy on the bottom end, also, egts were still 1600...i did notice that at WOT on a hard pull in 3rd and OD it feels like it actually pulls better if i back off the throttle to around 80%...also obviously drops my egts to around 1450ish...

Im trying to be as observant as possible, but this is waht ive noticed so far...

Also, i forgot to mention, with the new timing setting i was getting the "popping" at high rpms.  I also change the max rpm to 3500, and changed my boost defuel setting to 50psi because it was at 47psi.  The datalogger was reading 47psi everytime i looked so im trying to take that out of the equation as well

Popping up top means you need to back timing down.  Make note of what epm it is popping at and drop timing by 1*

Little laggy will be the nature of the best if you want it to run clean.  You can only tune so much before you run into issues with mechanical injectors.  We cannot adjust injection pressure on our trucks.

I would suggest driving on the tune as it is now for a few days and see if your driving style gets used to it.

126% should absolutely Max out canbus.  It only really takes 112% at wot to Max out fueling.

If egts are still an issues I'd drop wiretap more, say 1200.  You have a ton of mechanical fuel for that turbo.

@Dieselfuture i do know i have seen 4095 for CANBUS fueling on my datalogs.  Half the reason is first time i saw it, i freaked out assuming it was max rpms lol. But yes 4095 has been on there each time.  Might explain the plateau im hitting.

@Me78569 im alright with the lag, its not too bad.  I do agree that its the nature of the beast.  On lvl 3, the truck dailys just fine.  Which is where i intend to drive it.  Maybe thats where im making this more difficult, im trying to tune it to where i can just pop it up to lvl5 on race night and be ready to go.  

If you say that canbus usually only takes 112% to be maxed out, would that be a good reason as to why WOT doesnt feel as powerful as it should? I see it like this, WOT is asking for more, but CANBUS says no sir. 

I would encourage you to watch OEM fueling on lvl 0 to see how the ecm fuels.  

in short,

Offidle: it iwll jump fueling to ~2800 at WOT

midrange it will pull fuel some

upper end it will start to add fuel back up until ~3600 is hit

So setting canbus at %112 will give you a max of ~4000 ( 3600 * 1.12 = 4032) but it will only do so when the ecm is asking for max fuel up top. If you want more meat under the curve you can ask for ~125% of fueling to beef up the midrange fueling.   

Stock.PNG

If you want to dd on lvl 3 then tune your canbus to be nice for daily then if you want to race jump up to lvl 5 with wiretap with the below

Use these wiretap settings.

Wiretap

Pump Stretch: 1500

TPS Pump max: 100%

TPS Pump Min:  20%

Minimum Pump Tap Fueling Percentage: 25

Pump Low Boost Scale PSI: 0

That will make it so you always get %25 wiretap or more if you go WOT.  That should lit the turbo and get you moving.  Smoke will happen however, but since it is a race only thing it's fine.  

So DD = canbus fueling

Race = canbus + wiretap

• Like 2

Ok good deal.  

Well, i made the changes with the tune.  Started at 68%@0psi and moved up to 112%@30+psi.  Also made the chsnges you recommended for the wiretap in lvl5.  Truck pulled consistently, and egts struggled to get to 1600...noticed the popping at 3000rpms.  So im gonna pull .5deg and see how it does.  

On a bad note, may not be doing many pulls for a while.  While driving down the highway i noticed my rpms were way too high for the speed i was going and came to the conclusion that my TC is not locking up.  Even came to a stop with the switch flipped to see if it would try to kill the truck...no dice.

So, once the weather warms back up, i will do some troubleshooting.

As for the tune, it feels pretty damn good.  Thanks for all the help guys! 

28 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

glad we were able to help you ruin your TC lol

Well, i just rebuilt the trans, all Goerends internals and VB...I thought about replacing the Buckeye TC, but decided to let it go.  Guess i should have just replaced it lol

Quick data logging questions that I don't recall being answered.

1.  What is the log maximum?  Time 3.5 hours? File Size?  Maximum # of log entries?

2.  What happens when the maximum is reached?  Overwrite oldest first?  Hard stop?

3.  What starts data logging?  Always running?  Manually selecting data logging?

I want to crunch some of this data.  Want to make sure I understand how big the playground is.  Might try tossing it into Splunk.

• Owner
1 hour ago, Shainer said:

Quick data logging questions that I don't recall being answered.

1.  What is the log maximum?  Time 3.5 hours? File Size?  Maximum # of log entries?

2.  What happens when the maximum is reached?  Overwrite oldest first?  Hard stop?

3.  What starts data logging?  Always running?  Manually selecting data logging?

I want to crunch some of this data.  Want to make sure I understand how big the playground is.  Might try tossing it into Splunk.

1. 100,000 lines. About 4 hours of logs. Not sure of the file size.

2. Oldest information is pushed off the end. 

3. Ignition ON starts the logging. It's always running as long as the ignition is on. 

12 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

1. 100,000 lines. About 4 hours of logs. Not sure of the file size.

2. Oldest information is pushed off the end. 

3. Ignition ON starts the logging. It's always running as long as the ignition is on. 

11 hours ago, Me78569 said:

Depending on the device you will notice the app freeze when the CSV gets too big.  That limit seems to vary per device.

Exactly what they said. 

Only other thing is that the app needs to be connected to data-log. As long as the app is running and its connected to the Adrenaline it will data-log. 

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I think the app freeze problem could be memory limit issues. Older devices and/or cheap devices tend to have less operational memory.

That can definitely be an issue. The large the log, the longer it will take to "export" and for phones/tablets running low on memory, it could be an issue. 

Thanks guys.  I noticed the app hanging during export.  I never worried about it because I figured it was related to file size or other processes running trying to get the export out.  I just wait it out, and let it do it's thing and it eventually completes.  I like the fact loging starts with key on.

Trying to figure out a hot idle skip.  If I remove the Adrenaline it goes away.  Injectors make no difference. CAN fueling seems to be busy making adjustments at idle but I don't know how/if that is related in any way.  My gut is hinting at injection pump.  Otherwise I like the improved tuning capabilities.  Light years ahead of what was originally released with the Adrenaline.

• Like 2