• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla V2 Custom Tunes

Me78569

31 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

32 Inches... Basically gaining 1 full inch over me. But more rotational weight...

285mm = 11.2205 x 75% = 8.41 inch x 2 =16.83 + 16 Rim = 32.8 Inch tall tire. 

Just like 235/85 R16...

235mm = 9.25197 x 85% = 7.86 inches x 2 = 15.72 + 16 Rim = 31.7 inch tall tire.

Or 265/75 R16...

265mm = 10.4331 x 75% = 7.82 inches x 2 = 15.64 + 16 Rim = 31.6 Inch tall tire.

The iquad minimum is 95. 7 inches. Not sure how they are getting this number

• Owner
9 minutes ago, Raffron said:

How did you get that number? 

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

Circumference = Pi x Diameter

55 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

32 Inches... Basically gaining 1 full inch over me. But more rotational weight...

285mm = 11.2205 x 75% = 8.41 inch x 2 =16.83 + 16 Rim = 32.8 Inch tall tire. 102.9" (32.8" x 3.14)

Just like 235/85 R16...

235mm = 9.25197 x 85% = 7.86 inches x 2 = 15.72 + 16 Rim = 31.7 inch tall tire. 99.5" (31.7" x 3.14)

Or 265/75 R16...

265mm = 10.4331 x 75% = 7.82 inches x 2 = 15.64 + 16 Rim = 31.6 Inch tall tire. 99.2" (31.6" x 3.14)

Then rev per miles...

Take the Circumference and divide by 63360 (inches in a mile).

63360 / 102.9" = 615.74 Revs per mile.

Math goes a long ways...

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys.  Just installed the quad on my 99.  I’ve never dealt with wire tap fueling as I’ve only used a power puck and then a smarty.  I have 7x.0085 sac injectors and stock hx35w.  I’m in the process of building my dd tune and made an observation I’m hoping y’all can help clarify.  

At lvl 3 I’ll get the full canbus fueling when trying to accelerate to pass someone.  Once in level 4 of 6, same conditions I’ll only see about 2800-2900 canbus but I’ll be blowing the doors off the thing.  My guess is...with the wiretap I’m using less tps but getting same or more fuel from the wiretap.  I’m just trying to learn why things work the way they do.  Thanks!

• Owner

What do you have for the wiretap settings? List them out I can help you out.

Just running my Economy Tune which has the wiretap at 1,200 and TPS start at 30% and TPS end at 100% This thing is sick when I bounced around a Ford Truck in 4th gear and the tire break loose and had to drop the throttle, upshift and started pull again and cleared the nose of him by 85 MPH. I was moving. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

1 hour ago, Mr. Bojangles said:

Hey guys.  Just installed the quad on my 99.  I’ve never dealt with wire tap fueling as I’ve only used a power puck and then a smarty.  I have 7x.0085 sac injectors and stock hx35w.  I’m in the process of building my dd tune and made an observation I’m hoping y’all can help clarify.  

At lvl 3 I’ll get the full canbus fueling when trying to accelerate to pass someone.  Once in level 4 of 6, same conditions I’ll only see about 2800-2900 canbus but I’ll be blowing the doors off the thing.  My guess is...with the wiretap I’m using less tps but getting same or more fuel from the wiretap.  I’m just trying to learn why things work the way they do.  Thanks!

you are correct, wiretap will add for fuel for the same tps input.  canbus fueling is very much related to tps

• Owner
28 minutes ago, notlimah said:

Sounds more like a race tune to me Mike! Watch out now! 

My performance tune is stupid. It got some smoke but really easy to get the tires to break loose. Damn boost gauge snaps 45 PSI just as quick as the wiretap hits. That is a 1,600us wiretap pulse. My Economy tune has the wiretap turned down to the minimum it just doesn't get any lower than 1,200us for the wiretap. The economy tune is clean, just light puffs as the turbo spools. Both tunes are running bit more retard on the 1,500 RPM band once I get 2,000 RPM band it steps up and we get motorvating... (Pun intended!)

Economy tune is like my sleeper tune nobody expects a stock tire truck with stock wheels, etc to flat haul :moon: . That tune is clean so I get Ford and Chevy always wanting to play. Most of them don't like the outcome.  Now the Performance tune has smoke so its a dead give away I've got something to give. Either case I can't keep the tires under the truck either tune is capable of smoking the tires on smooth road surface. Like the fresh chip-coat up here at home, it stays hooked up on the pavement. Smooth city streets can get rather dicey sometimes. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

6 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

My performance tune is stupid. It got some smoke but really easy to get the tires to break loose. Damn boost gauge snaps 45 PSI just as quick as the wiretap hits. That is a 1,600us wiretap pulse. My Economy tune has the wiretap turned down to the minimum it just doesn't get any lower than 1,200us for the wiretap. The economy tune is clean, just light puffs as the turbo spools. Both tunes are running bit more retard on the 1,500 RPM band once I get 2,000 RPM band it steps up and we get motorvating... (Pun intended!)

Are you referring to the pump stretch here?  

Also, on the app, is the gear indicator and lock up indicator supposed to work on our trucks?  Or is that for the newer vehicles?  Mine shows whatever gear it wants and never shows lockup.

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Economy tune is like my sleeper tune nobody expects a stock tire truck with stock wheels, etc to flat haul :moon: . That tune is clean so I get Ford and Chevy always wanting to play. Most of them don't like the outcome.  Now the Performance tune has smoke so its a dead give away I've got something to give. Either case I can't keep the tires under the truck either tune is capable of smoking the tires on smooth road surface. Like the fresh chip-coat up here at home, it stays hooked up on the pavement. Smooth city streets can get rather dicey sometimes. 

Might have to start a race truck section

:burnout:

Level 3 is 0 wiretap, full range of CANBus fueling.  Your wiretap won't kick on until both 20% throttle input and 10 psi of boost are met.

EDIT: Just noticed your min pump tap fuel percentage is 5%.  That means there's always 5% wiretap when using your wiretap levels.

Edited by trreed

12 minutes ago, trreed said:

Level 3 is 0 wiretap, full range of CANBus fueling.  Your wiretap won't kick on until both 20% throttle input and 10 psi of boost are met.

EDIT: Just noticed your min pump tap fuel percentage is 5%.  That means there's always 5% wiretap when using your wiretap levels.

Thank you for clarifying that.  I was reading Me’s how to tune thread and it said level three was canbus only then down the page more it said level three had wiretap.  Got confused.  

I like the 5% min pump tap%.  Truck is very responsive to it.  I’ve def out grown the hx35 now though.

Edit: I asked earlier prolly got lost, but does the gear & lock up indicators not work for our generation trucks?

Edited by Mr. Bojangles
Added question

1 hour ago, Mr. Bojangles said:

Edit: I asked earlier prolly got lost, but does the gear & lock up indicators not work for our generation trucks?

They should.  have you set up your drivetrain info under settings?