• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Perplexing....

JAG1

Part of that whole theory idea I have read is this isnt the first time a "global warming" took effect on the earth. A few thousand years before the last ice age the planet supposedly heated up a significant amount and then plunged straight into the ice age. A lot of people believe that the planet is just getting ready for another ice age and cleansing of its surface.

As for fossil fuels I do believe we have to get away from them. Maybe not in our lifetime but someday we will run out of fossil fuels. Then where will we be? No gas, plastic, coal, anything. We better get our act together on that one.

On a different note, I strongly feel we need to bring back some of the logging and other material producing industries to the states. A lot of that is very renewable resource material that we arent taking advantage of. Most of the original industry here in the state of Montana is now gone with the government and EPA restrictions. Little to no mining and very little logging is left going on anywhere up here. With the technologies we have today we should be able to produce materials in a safe and clean manner IMHO.

Just a few thoughts from MT.

• Like 1

I do have to say that Montana has, by far, the best national forest health I have seen recently.  You guys still have a ton of logging going on and I can see the perk to it.  

It may seem like logging has gone down, but compared to here....wow.  

• Like 1

Just set a new record high here @ 78 yesterday. Some of the wifes friends were wake boarding on the Missouri in Bismarck area today too but was only mid 60's today and windy they are more hard core and younger than i am and all had full wet suits on too, Florida here we come in a few......:thumb1:

Today I was actually doing a final mowing of the mother in laws farm yard before doing the end of season service and maintenance on the mower so its ready to fire and go next year. Worked on my kubota engine swap project for a couple hours this morning in a tee shirt, Awesome for first week of November and all this coming week still highs of about 60+-.:cool:

Edited by Wild and Free

-40 is still a yearly normal back home.  I remember having a total of 1 day off from school due to weather.  It was -49*f before windchill I think -56*f with the wind haha.  

Needless to say I didn't play outside that day.....  I am sure had they been able to start the school buses we would have went school still haha.

I sure hope Colorado gets some snow this year. Snowmobiling has been pathetic. 

Coldest I've been in is -34F. It was funny because my dad's old 12v fired right up without an issue. The 2 polaris snowmobiles on the other hand refused to fire (2 ski-doo sleds started fine.) It took using a butane torch on the cylinder walls to get em fired up. 

30 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

shoulda went artic cat :shifty:..... I know nothing about snowmobiles anymore hahahha

I am starting to get a little worried about winter, been mid 60's in november.....  MUST HAVE WINTER.

They're so far behind the game now :lol:  Polaris and Ski-Doo are dominating the market.

22 minutes ago, CSM said:

I bet it's coming, with fury.  

I hope so. I was made for winter!

9 hours ago, TFaoro said:

They're so far behind the game now :lol:  Polaris and Ski-Doo are dominating the market.

I hope so. I was made for winter!

I used to be a hard core Ski Doo/ Sea Doo man, gotta love the Rotax power plants.:thumb1: Have not owned or ridden a sled for 18 years or a PWC for about 9 years since upgrading to a pontoon in 07. Still got out on some friends PWC every year yet though.

I used to think I was made for winter when I was younger and then fat and out of shape but now that I am 80+ lbs lighter and older I hate winter more and more every year and we have not had a real winter for 3 years.