• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Shocks

AlCorr

I replaced my shocks about 2 years ago and at the time they didn't have Bilsteins shocks for 2 wheel drive 3rd gen's, so I went with the only Heavy duty shocks out there, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, they weren't half bad for the first few months but went down hill fast after that, After 2 years they are junk, rusted and give a bad ride. What are the best shocks out there now without breaking the bank?

• 1 month later...

4wheelparts got me 4 rancho 9000xl's for 305 shipped, buy them now and send off for 100 dollar rebate and that puts me a 200 for all 4!!! 50 bucks a peice and I can adjust them for when I am loaded and unloaded. Rides awesome either way. Still looking to get incab adjuster but havent found one in my price range, yet... Its all about personal preference my friend, dont beat yourself up over it.:thumb1:

I used to run rancho 5000 on all my rigs but after never having a set last more than 30 k miles on any pickup I have owned over the past 15 years I researched for several months and went with the KYB shocks on my 05, They are both lifetime warranty. I got them from Rockauto.com who had the best price I could find anywhere. The greater consensus over about a dozen forums all agreed that KYB is the best of the best for pickup shocks. as for other vehicles it was mixed but I think Bilsteins won. I have noticed over the years that the extreme cold is what seems to kill every shock and strut, even our cars struts and shocks die in the winter. Time will tell.

What ever you do, do not go to cumminsforum for shock advice. If its not blue and yellow or silver and black they are not worth buying. I believe most shocks are going to get the job done but there is alot of brand snobery out there. Pick what you want, its your truck.

TDR is the exact same way.

What ever you do, do not go to cumminsforum for shock advice. If its not blue and yellow or silver and black they are not worth buying. I believe most shocks are going to get the job done but there is alot of brand snobery out there. Pick what you want, its your truck.

Hence my avatar!!!!:2cents::lmao2:

• Staff

4wheelparts got me 4 rancho 9000xl's for 305 shipped, buy them now and send off for 100 dollar rebate and that puts me a 200 for all 4!!! 50 bucks a peice and I can adjust them for when I am loaded and unloaded. Rides awesome either way. Still looking to get incab adjuster but havent found one in my price range, yet... Its all about personal preference my friend, dont beat yourself up over it.:thumb1:

I ran RS9000's for a while on sevarl different rigs.. They are cool to adjust the first 3 times, then its just a PITA, and honestly once you find a setting you like it works for all conditions. Now I would much rather just have a shock that is valved for my application. My next shocks will be the silver/blue Bilstiens.. Was really fond of the bilsteins that came OEM on my Tacoma, and the silver/blue are supposed to be even better.

• 1 month later...

For $35 a pop, I've always been happy with the Rough Country Nitro 9000 series.. I've ran then on everything from my Rock Crawlers to Mall Haulers.

[B]Yr   Make / Model                   Lift    FRT     RR[/B]03-07 Ram 2500 (Except 8800 GVW)    0 - 3"  9157    9158                                        4 - 5"  9159    9160                       94-02 Ram 2500 (Except 8800 GVW)    0 - 1"  9155    9156                                        2 - 3"  9157    9158                                        4 - 5"  9159    9160
http://roughcountry.com/shocks_dodge.html

• 4 months later...

I've had the monroes on for about a week now. Man what a difference. My dad always commented on how much my truck rode like a tank compared to his 2500 GMC. I'd venture to say they're pretty close now. I know that Monroe maybe isn't the "have to have brand" but I'll keep them....if they go bad in 20k miles I'll cash in on the lifetime warranty and get a new set:cool:. Funny thing is I only bought the fronts. I had a set of rears from my 1500 in the garage. Took them off the 1500 after a couple months to install a set of load equalizing shocks (coil overs). I'll be damned if they weren't the same length as the 2500's shocks. The adjustable Pro Comp MX6's were cool if your into serious offroading but I'm not. I offroad to my favorite hunting spot and that's about it.

--- Update to the previous post...

Off topic: your screen name has me interested in a Suzuki m109r. :thumb1:

Posted Image