• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Multi meters for AC testing

I need a meter to test for AC noise. I was going to borrow the Fluke we have at work but I see even it only reads down to .1 acv. I'm getting a headache looking on the web and a lot of them don't offer the specs. for ac resolution. I didn't want to spend a fortune either. I'm wondering what the rest of you use that will read down to millivolts and won't require my left arm as payment.

I wish I had the magic arrow for you. Fluke meters are out my budget but I have seen some folks here pick them up on the cheap on Craig's list or such. I have not been that lucky. I am using an Innova, but the model alludes me at the moment. I am sure someone will come along and help better than I have.

• Staff

I think the scale changes when you push the yellow button. I just checked mine and that's right, the decimal point moves so you can read even thousanths of a volt.

I got mine off craigslist. A model 77 series II for 40 bucks. They are nice piece of equipment.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

While getting new cable ends soldered on at the local starter/alternator shop the other day I was stocking up on some electrical supplies I needed and spotted an Innova 3320. I ended up buying it and it is a really nice little meter that reads AC volts down to .000. And only $38.

• Staff

As long as it reads accurately and has the functions that you need, no need for a high price unit.  I have 4 different multi  meters,  two of them were free and didn't spend over $30 for either of the other two. They all have their pros n' cons.  One of the free ones I've used almost daily since 1989. 

Edited by IBMobile