• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

LOST POWER

My point was with Doing a Burn Out in the Driveway is that it shows I don't have to drive it hard and fast to get it to act up.  It will cut in and out just under load in the driveway.   If I'm on it hard on interstate passing 2-3 cars at once it will cut out and I can not use most of the pedal

You are missing the point. It is going to misbehave in 1st and most of 2nd gear till torque management stops its nonsense. 

Bust our your dmm and do a sweep test of the apps. It will tell you if it is getting full voltage at wot without ever having to start the truck.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

TQ management will be in effect from 0 to 20-25 MPH so speeds below that TQ management will kick in limiting power during the burn out. This is normal.

Does this effect all of our truck? So if I want to spin tires I'll have limited power to do so? Or did I miss something. 

I did not have these issues i'm having 6 weeks ago, tires would spin mid throttle sometimes i'd get tire/frame shake. The truck had gobs of power overtaking 5-6 cars at a time on interstate with half throttle at most. Truck would spool up almost immediately and any speed.  Now the truck does have power with turners on it, but it does cut out when the truck really wants to get going and pull hard.  If I take the tuners off completely the truck acts like its a gas v6 motor at best.  I've spun the tires through 2nd gear no problem before this issue happened

I really think it is also, I'm going to sweep test the APPS tomorrow but according to my edge its working.  I did have a FASS DRP Fuel pump on it for last 6 months when i put the New VP44  Fuel Pressure was 19-15psi than i noticed it slowly going down as far as 7-8 psi as I was adding some power to the truck.  I now have a the Original Air Dog on it which I noticed little bit more power was back but Not like it was.  I'm at the Vp 44 but warranties are a real pain to deal with not having the truck running while they are repairing it.

39 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Some say only automatics. I personally say it can include manuals.

Data log a high throttle take off with the quad set ot lvl 0.  Does fueling get pulled down by ~%20? if yes you have TM if  no you don't.  

It is plain as day in the data logs when a truck has TM.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Does this effect all of our truck? So if I want to spin tires I'll have limited power to do so? Or did I miss something. 

All 01-02 autos.

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Some say only automatics. I personally say it can include manuals.

Yet to see evidence of this in the manual trucks. Be interested to see someone get a log of one with the a quad. :poke:

• Like 1

The truck didn't have issues with TQ Management by reducing power.  Po501 code is making the transmission kick into 4th gear to soon, now today it bouncing in and out of 3rd and 4th gear when going 39mph.  

The other issue is truck just shuts off "acts like"at over half throttle so you have to feather it up to speed instead of just nailing the throttle.If you don't nail the throttle is will not act up.  I believe its the vp-44 but no codes?  I need a donor injection pump to test it out.

59 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

@dripley no I don't know that sorry, I didn't buy my truck new. I was just trying to say that manual transmission with cummins seems to bring at least few more thousand dollars and I'm sure glad that I spent it.

That make sense that the combo cost several thousand bucks more. Like I said the Cummins was a $5500 extra on the sticker and I dont remember what the cost for the 6 speed was. I am sure that dodge charged me something extra for it.