• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline Economy and MPG

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Ok... Now that I've been on stock injectors for about 3 days now. I can for sure tell everyone that @Me78569 suggested 19-20* timing is about right for stock injectors and nearly the same as stock timing. So what you are looking for 19-20* at the 55-65 MPH range. I will admit that stock injectors are not good at all for MPG numbers. I'm about 2-3 MPG (calibrated) lower now than my old +60 HP Vulcan Injectors. Power is lower of course and it's smoke free tune for either my performance or my economy. As for the misfire issue it's completely gone on the stock injectors I've covered over 500 miles now without a single issue of missed beat. 

@Me78569 is asking me to build a fat tune and find out how hard I can push stock injector till they get smoky. So later on today I'll build a tune to see how far stock injectors will go.

you don't even need to build your own full tune, just he 0 -5 psi settings and just mat the throttle and let up, see if smoke then repeat. 

Haze is fine, I am looking to see the point where you start to get full blown smoke due to obvisouly overfueling.

Edited by Me78569

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Ok... Now that I've been on stock injectors for about 3 days now. I can for sure tell everyone that @Me78569 suggested 19-20* timing is about right for stock injectors and nearly the same as stock timing. So what you are looking for 19-20* at the 55-65 MPH range. I will admit that stock injectors are not good at all for MPG numbers. I'm about 2-3 MPG (calibrated) lower now than my old +60 HP Vulcan Injectors. Power is lower of course and it's smoke free tune for either my performance or my economy. As for the misfire issue it's completely gone on the stock injectors I've covered over 500 miles now without a single issue of missed beat. 

@Me78569 is asking me to build a fat tune and find out how hard I can push stock injector till they get smoky. So later on today I'll build a tune to see how far stock injectors will go.

I'm thinking seriously about getting 50 HP injectors. And when I get the funds to do the SXE turbo and valve train mods and 7x.010s I'll hang onto the 50s for backup. 

I would suggest you get the 7 x .010's now, pay the core charge and keep your stockers as backup.  

Then with the Quadzilla just turn down the fueling.  You can make the 7 x .010's run fine.  Something like my daily tune would prob be fine.  

8 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I would suggest you get the 7 x .010's now, pay the core charge and keep your stockers as backup.  

Then with the Quadzilla just turn down the fueling.  You can make the 7 x .010's run fine.  Something like my daily tune would prob be fine.  

What "HP" are the 7X.010s ? I forgot. 

Edited by crf450ish

150's  +- 50 hp lolol 

However the cost difference between 50's and 150's is pretty small compared to the cost of buying 2 sets of injectors.  The HX35 can handle those 7 x .010 if you turn down the fuel.  The truck will prob run a  bit better than it does now due to not needing Wiretap to max the map of the turbo.     

Canbus fueling is much easier to control compared to wiretap.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

150's  +- 50 hp lolol 

However the cost difference between 50's and 150's is pretty small compared to the cost of buying 2 sets of injectors.  The HX35 can handle those 7 x .010 if you turn down the fuel.  The truck will prob run a  bit better than it does now due to not needing Wiretap to max the map of the turbo.     

Canbus fueling is much easier to control compared to wiretap.  

Big injectors FTW!! 

Nick is right. A little bit big on the injectors with a quad are a dream to drive. You can always back fueling down with canbus to keep temps in check. 

1 hour ago, TFaoro said:

Big injectors FTW!! 

Nick is right. A little bit big on the injectors with a quad are a dream to drive. You can always back fueling down with canbus to keep temps in check. 

I think I'll get studs before injectors. I know myself well enough to say that I'd probably blow my head gasket if I had 7X.010s without studs. I just need a little more time. You and Nick live not too far from a massive power plant I work in sometimes. It would be cool to see your truck....a properly built 2nd gen. I just wont park next to it haha. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crf450ish said:

I think I'll get studs before injectors. I know myself well enough to say that I'd probably blow my head gasket if I had 7X.010s without studs. I just need a little more time. You and Nick live not too far from a massive power plant I work in sometimes. It would be cool to see your truck....a properly built 2nd gen. I just wont park next to it haha. :)

I'm hoping the Ppump will stop it from emitting it's curse! Let us know when you're around :thumbup2: 

You won't hurt the gasket with the stock turbo and realistic timing. 

• Like 1

@Mopar1973Man I noticed on your max timing, economy vs performance, you have less timing for performance. Could you explain a bit why? I was under assumption on race motor you advance timing with  higher rpm to help complete the burn of the fuel by igniting it sooner. I'm sure there is a good reason, I just can't seem to get it. 

Btw, how do you like your canbus starting higher with steeper curve? And I assume that, what is posted in spread sheet is for 50hp injectors and not your stockers that you are currently using. 

Anyone else is more then welcome to shine the light on my questions. 

• Owner

True I was seeing better MPG's on Edge Comp but that is during the summer with summer fuel. I started this adventure as winter fuel started, winter conditions, with beta testing software that has bugs. Yes, Edge Comp would be a more solid MPG number. Tuning wise Quadzilla still hands down the cleanest tuner out there. Edge Comp is very smoky compared to Quadzilla. With my new 7x0.008 injectors coming Edge Comp won't work for me any longer because of lack of boost to fuel control. Basically you only have 1-3 defuel levels. You basically lose the Edge Comps abilities if you below the boost level set. 

EDGE COMP SUBLEVELS

1. 33% of fuel till 20 PSI of boost.

2. 50% of fuel till 15 PSI of boost.

3. 67% of fuel till 10 PSI of boost.

Now look at the Quadzilla tune. I've got full control of the fuel map compared to Edge Comp and this tune is still smokeless. You can't even come close to a clean tune with the Edge Comp or Edge Juice because the adjustment of fule to boost is way too crude. Then Timing there isn't any control of timing.

quadzilla fuel.jpg

Now you also have to consider I started down this road with injectors starting to fail. This also made a impact in my MPG's. Then now being kicked back to stock injectors knocked even another full -1 MPG my logs I've seen. I'm really curious when summer fuel, summer weather, etc all come back. I've seen a few day where my IAT was in the 100-140*F and MPG's started climbing for that part of the day then storm would roll in and the IAT would fall back down and so would the MPG numbers.

I mention timing above... That another factor that no other programmer has given is full control and abilities to see timing and control it the way you want. Edge products have there own software which is fixed. That might be great for stock trucks but how about modified with VP44 hot rod pump? Won't work because the Hot Rod pumps have timing advancement and shouldn't be used with a Edge Products.

Edited by Mopar1973Man