• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The crf450ish random question thread.

5 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

What?! Spokane is only 228 miles to my place that's not far at all. I'm only driving 362 miles every other day. 

I actually live it Fruitland, wa. Just says Spokane cause I get sick of people asking me where Fruitland is. Way way way rural where its ok to have loud toys and ride dirt bikes and shoot guns in my backyard. 

Edited by crf450ish
  • Like 1

Hey whats the longest you guys let your truck warm up locked in 3 cyl high idle? Yesterday I was sitting in my truck while it was warming up on 3 cyl and after like 8 mins it starting vibrating to beat hell, like more pronounced than it was on high idle. I hit the gas pedal and then waited for it to ramp up and kick back into high idle....no more vibration. stumped lol. 

23 hours ago, crf450ish said:

Hey @Mopar1973Man, or whoever else, whats a good HANDHELD GPS to buy and use for accurate MPG tracking? I'd like to use it for way more than just this though. Hunting, Fishing, map reading etc. I found this:

https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-GPSMAP-High-Sensitivity-GLONASS-Receiver/dp/B00HWL9BQ4/ref=sr_1_3?s=gps&ie=UTF8&qid=1488129221&sr=1-3&keywords=handheld+gps

I know its expensive, but its pay me now or pay me later with these types of things, IMO. BuY a good one now and forget about it vs going thru several cheap ones lol. 

This will be a great GPS.  I've had a Garmin for YEARS and used to sell them.  MoparMan's GPSV is on old unit, I remember when they were new and top of the line; full of the latest and greatest features.  Even though the technology and features will soon be antiquated they will continue to work just as they should.  If you are looking for something just to track how many miles you are going there are cheaper units.  But the features on this will be nice for your back country outings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crf450ish said:

This isn't my truck but I see these vids all the time on YouTube and the poster never ever comments on what the issue was. Can someone tell what this knocking sound is? Bad injector? 

That sounds HORRIBLE. 

Injector would be my guess. Maybe a valve

So I'm switching to a bluetooth iQuad dongle. Wife switching to an iPhone from her Galaxy s5...I'm inheriting her S5 and using it as screen for my quad.

This is a win win because she gets the phone she wants and I get a monitor that can STAY in my truck...and being that its android, it should be easier to update the iQuad app etc. I do agree....iphone is bullcrap when it comes to the iQuad app. 

• Owner

I can only imagine that that replacing those injectors will be in the same ball park of every 100-150k miles figuring from $580 per injector is about 4,600 roughly speaking. Then all the DPF issues and EGR cooler... Oh my I bet that a real pain in the rear to change that stuff out when it plugs up.

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I can only imagine that that replacing those injectors will be in the same ball park of every 100-150k miles figuring from $580 per injector is about 4,600 roughly speaking. Then all the DPF issues and EGR cooler... Oh my I bet that a real pain in the rear to change that stuff out when it plugs up.

I just liked what I seen in the video. lol.  And why are duramax injectors so friggin expensive?

Edited by crf450ish