• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Boost leak question

Dude this is so weird my needle valve is basically closed. Plus my idle is 15psi with FASS titanium 95gph and like 14.5 psi. Do I need to call FASS. I just bought a snubber for my boost. I still think there is a leak. 

19 minutes ago, abner99 said:

Dude this is so weird my needle valve is basically closed. Plus my idle is 15psi with FASS titanium 95gph and like 14.5 psi. Do I need to call FASS. I just bought a snubber for my boost. I still think there is a leak. 

Not sure of question? :shifty:

11 hours ago, SilverMoose said:

Are the titanium pumps adjustable?  @abner99 does it have it's own wire harness and powered off the PDC?  Where are you taking the pressure from?

L8tr

D

Yes it's about a foot off the vp44. Set up is just like mopar1973man set up same 1/8 line with needle valve. I have never seen over 15 with this pump. Brother just put same pump on his 02 cummins and he has 18 at idle something gotta be wrong. 

7 hours ago, notlimah said:

I don't think the FASS 95 is adjustable but that's just going off the fact that my 150 isn't either. I had to replace my return spring and ball a couple times to get consistent pressure.

Far as I know you can't adjust it. 

To further what dripley already said use this pic 

IMG_4809.JPG.98829dc0a18441b26c3178262ddb5944.JPG

Where the return to tank line leaves the pump you'll find the return ball and spring. That's how these pumps regulate pressure. If everything looks good you could shim it with a washer with the following measurements to increase your pressure. A lot of the springs from FASS seem weak or inconsistent so that's probably why you're brother is seeing different pressure.

OD - .631"

ID - .320"

thickness - .039"

^ pretty sure I stole those measurements from Mike but they should apply to your pump 

Edited by notlimah
  • Like 1

Wow cool makes sense. I really don't feel comfortable playing with a spring so I'll probably just buy a new one and put it in. Thank you. It also makes more sense now when I fuel up. You can hear the return in my tank it's super loud. Thanks again.  

• Like 1

• Owner
12 hours ago, notlimah said:

Where the return to tank line leaves the pump you'll find the return ball and spring. That's how these pumps regulate pressure. If everything looks good you could shim it with a washer with the following measurements to increase your pressure. A lot of the springs from FASS seem weak or inconsistent so that's probably why you're brother is seeing different pressure.

OD - .631"

ID - .320"

thickness - .039"

^ pretty sure I stole those measurements from Mike but they should apply to your pump 

@notlimah Why don't you create an article about the spring shim and adjustments?

56 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

@notlimah Why don't you create an article about the spring shim and adjustments?

I could probably do that. A lot of the info I have in another thread so I could essentially copy and paste.

Are those measurements correct? I personally haven't used the washer to shim it but pretty sure I wrote those measurements down at some point from one of your posts.

• Like 1

Aren't boost leaks a hoot !

When I had my Demon boost leak, I finally sprayed in were the tubes meet the tank, & there was my answere. Intercooler needed replacement. It also took care of my jumpy gauge syndrome. 

14 hours ago, jag said:

Aren't boost leaks a hoot !

When I had my Demon boost leak, I finally sprayed in were the tubes meet the tank, & there was my answere. Intercooler needed replacement. It also took care of my jumpy gauge syndrome. 

That's what I'm afraid. That guage has never done this till about a month ago. I think your right. 

On 3/25/2017 at 10:04 PM, dripley said:

The return is bleeding pressure off to the tank. Decrease that flow and more goes into the supply. That equals great supply pressure.

You would NOT believe the reactions I get on fb when I tell someone to do this. Fass supporters maintain the system is not setup this way. Proof is when they clamp the return and pressure sky rockets.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jlbayes said:

You would NOT believe the reactions I get on fb when I tell someone to do this. Fass supporters maintain the system is not setup this way. Proof is when they clamp the return and pressure sky rockets.

Sounds like me trying to explain to my wife anything about automobile. 

• Like 2