• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

trreed's upgrade thread

14 hours ago, trreed said:

I'm glad someone caught the hidden question!  It felt pretty dumb to ask "does the airdog spring fit in a fass?"  Maybe I've been spending too much time in the Facebook groups reading "how much tire can I fit with no lift".....

35s :woot:

Ok guys, I had a few packages show up today that made me feel like it was Christmas and my birthday rolled into one. First off we got a Viton ball and 17 psi spring to make my damn Fass stop acting up. Then we have a nice new set of headlights that will be painted satin black and retrofitted with the third package, which is a Morimoto Mini H1 projector kit complete with 6500K HID goodness!!!!  

Maybe it's the beer or the truck parts, but I'm sure more excited than I have been all week!

IMG_3609.JPG

IMG_3611.JPG

IMG_3612.JPG

IMG_3613.JPG

IMG_3614.JPG

• Like 2

New airdog spring and Viton ball are in, and now the fass holds 19-20 psi at idle and 16 WOT. And it's quiet as can be with new hose and new teflon tape on inlet fitting. So I'm gonna call it good enough. 

Question for you guys. I've been using this Pennzoil Outdoor 2 stroke oil (pic related) and have noticed a huge difference in quietness. Has anyone else seen this around?  I've only been able to find it at one fuel station.

IMG_3616.JPG

• Like 1

• Staff

I don't use the Walmart stuff because of inconvenience/ distance to go get it., but the big reason is I noticed it's a lot thinner or seems to be watered down. Whenever a place has a case of a good name brand in the gallon containers I will buy 1-2 cases if they give me a discount. Just paid $108 for 6 gallons at Oreilly's and will last me for awhile.

I noticed the Wally World stuff soaked thru cardboard much faster, made me suspect, when I used the cardboard paper towel center tubes for a funnel to pour into my flatbed.