• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

trreed's upgrade thread

Well, the power fold is only $50 more than just signals so I sprung for it. Turn signals is the expensive option for some reason. Wiring is a nightmare however. 

Definitely get the 4th gen style glass. That part is way worth it. 

4B1C05B0-9BB6-43DB-80DF-5DCD333B5A1B.jpeg

Edited by trreed
  • Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 2:35 PM, trreed said:

and the power fold is quiet and smooth. 

What do you mean, do they flip out to towing style with a button? Mine are from a1 Auto and have the power adjust and heat, no marking lights, I didn't want to mess with that part then, looking at it now maybe I should have. 

4 minutes ago, trreed said:

No, power fold in and out.  Flipping the head up is still manual.  

Honestly I was most excited for the marker lights.

I see, looks great though. Can't tell what fuse taps you got, I've used add a circuit few times, work good. Comes in different sizes and gauge. 

I am in love with these, how ever my truck doesnt have power mirrors. Tried a quick google search thinking it would be all over the place but I cant seem to find a wiring kit for power mirrors ( knob + wiring etc). Where would a feller look for something like that? 

Only other option would have to be finding a manual/manual tow mirror with the led markers. I didnt see them on the 1A Auto site...

Mine had manual mirrors when I got it, but I was lucky enough to have the harness for power mirrors was in the door already.  So it was just finding an OEM switch (ebay, junk yard) and the power mirrors operated right away.  If you have power windows and locks, there's a good chance there's a harness in your doors too.

the extra wires were a PITA, because the power fold is a nicely made harness, but it's way too long (because it's universal i guess) so there's a lot of extra wire bundled up.  The turn signals were loose wires.  You'd think that they'd offer a harness with the signals and power fold together, but they don't. So the signal wires are ran through heat shrink tube to keep them together.

Edited by trreed

@trreed Good to know, I do have power locks and windows so ill check that this evening. Ill also keep an eye out for the "knob" if I do have the harness. Maybe I can snag some from FB marketplace. So does the heat and fold have a button(s) or switch(s) that you control it with? If so where did you mount it ? 

The heat button is built into the climate control cluster.  I did have to get a different cluster with the button built in (again, eBay).  The power fold comes with a gigantic button, and there really isn't a great place to mount that, that I've found yet.  I was getting annoyed with the wiring by the time it came to mounting that switch, so it's currently zip-tied to the brake controller harness and I'll build a mount for it eventually.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 8/5/2018 at 8:22 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

PIAA LED Fog or driving light are STREET LEGAL.

http://www.piaa.com/store/p/187-LP530-3-5-LED-Driving-Light-Kit.aspx

This is what I'm running they are actually brighter than my Morimoto D2S HID's.

Mike,

I bought a set of these.
The link advertises/mentions a relay but the harness I received does not have a Relay.  
Does yours have a Relay?

How did you mount yours?
What CKT did you take B+ from?

Thanks

Leaky