• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

100hp 7x.009 injectors EXHAUST POP?

Clean the crap out of the grounds!! Even the slightest bit of dirt can cause issues. If that doesn't help then check for exposed wire places it shouldn't be.

Glad you got a good majority of your issues fixed, you're on the home stretch now!

I can unhook just the passenger battery and I still have power. When I unhook the drivers batters I don't have power anymore. I didn't purposely spark it I just put the end on and t will spark and crackle as soon as you touch it to be battery. I didn't make it cause a big spark. So I know t has something to do with the connection from the passenger to driver battery or the ground wires. I've cleaned them all and the battery worked again for a little while but it started to this again. 

• Owner
3 hours ago, Waydin_Stewart said:

I can unhook just the passenger battery and I still have power. When I unhook the drivers batters I don't have power anymore.

You need to replace all the main battery cables. I won't mess around with cleaning you've already proved the cables are weak at best. 

Is there anyway I test connection to find a bad one? Like test the passenger to drive positive cable on both ends and see if it has current? I don't want to go buy another cable if that wasn't my problem. OR maybe test the ground to see if they are bad? The batteries are good. Got them both same time. Also is there some kind of grease or something I can put on the posts to keep them from corroded? 

I few drops of motor oil on the posts works quite well. I will have to leave the electrical part to ones smarter than I. I do know if the one battery you are having trouble with has been drawn down very low to often it could easily be toast. Drawing them down like that is killer. Have you checked the battery to see if it has a charge?

Buying the batteries at the same time doesn't mean that one won't degrade quicker than the other and cause issues. If you haven't, might want to pull them and have them load tested. If that checks out good then you know it's your cables/grounds and if possible I'd just replace them all. I did mine not too long ago and it's really nice to have brand new cables and clean posts!

I have replaced the batteries very recent. December of last year. I have already convinced o'reileys to warranty two batteries in place of the passenger one. Believing it was the battery. The first warranty it was bad. The second one was to make sure it wasn't the battery. So would this narrow it down to a ground issue or a bad ground connection at the battery?

Is there a thread on adjusting valves on these trucks? I'm going to be adjusting mine in a little while if I can find a write up of which valves go TDC and BDC. I haven't really messed with the batteries. I will have to get around to doing that soon. I have been running new vacuum line throughout the whole truck and waiting on the feeler gauges to come and get free time. 

Okay I have discovered another problem that might be the cause of the exhaust pop! I was going to adjust the valve in a little bit(about an hour) after the truck fully cools off and I read this writer up a few times through. I noticed this about a week ago it did it once and never did it again. Now if I start it up and then throttle it fully it will smoke black and then white at the end(the motor seems to "jerk" whenever the white smoke comes out). I know it is unburnt fuel so it has to do with the injectors but how would I go about diagnosing what exactly is happening! I am uploading a video right now to YouTube and I will share after it uploads. I still haven't messed with the batteries haha. I just get busy and forget since it starts up just fine during this warm weather(besides the white smoke in the video). Ill get to it eventually! Hopefully I can figure out this exhaust sound, Fix my exhaust leak, Re-Run my vacuum lines that I haven't redone yet, get new u-joints for front and rear drive-line. And then I can figure out which wire is bad and replace it on that passenger battery. Thank you everyone for helping!

• Owner

If in doubt have a second shop test them out. Do not send them back to the shop that you bought them from. I typically take my injectors to local shop for testing to see what's going on then I can point fingers at someone for warranty work. Then also having a second shop prove there is an injector problem. The white smoke isn't normal. 

I just had foot surgery so Ill be down for a little while. After I'm healed up Ill take them out and have them tested by someone. Our local diesel shop charges and hours work time to test. Which is $300! But you gotta do what you gotta do I guess. I'm going to be purchasing a smarty and putting it on level 3 for advanced timing with boost fooling. I don't hot rod this truck so I think 3 is just fine for me. Ill get back to you with more info.