• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Factory alarm question

• Staff

I want to disable the alarm system all together, as if no alarm feature. Is there a way to do that. I'm not happy with a truck that honks the horn constantly just for using a key in the door.

• Like 1

I want to disable the alarm system all together, as if no alarm feature. Is there a way to do that. I'm not happy with a truck that honks the horn constantly just for using a key in the door.

wrap the ctm in foil like my post earlier, it blocks out the radio frequencies that are affecting the 3 honk tamper alarm.  This is not a tin foil hat conspiracy, the suggested fix came from Chrysler

• Like 1

you may have to unplug your batteries for a short time to try and reset the ctm, i had just the key and once the tamper honk had was triggered and never reset by the fob i could not start truck, well it would start and shut right off

20 hours ago, joeld79 said:

wrap the ctm in foil like my post earlier, it blocks out the radio frequencies that are affecting the 3 honk tamper alarm.  This is not a tin foil hat conspiracy, the suggested fix came from Chrysler

I agree, Yes it will block it out, Wrap your cell phone in tin foil and try calling it.

11 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

I agree, Yes it will block it out, Wrap your cell phone in tin foil and try calling it.

that's how I avoid the old lady, no missed calls in my call log, sorry babe Verizon must be having some issues...

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Necro bump....

Thought I would add another solution to this problem since my foil double wrapped CTM was still giving me 3 long honks upon unlocking.

For the last year or so I just pulled the horn fuse

But......I live and work in Seattle, home of the worst drivers in the country, I NEED MY HORN

So I came up with this solution....in cab switch from the fuse box under the hood, turn off at home at night, turn in the morning when I leave, neighbors don't hate me, stupid drivers get the honk......profit

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg

The wife's 2000 Dakota was the first vehicle we had with panic putton on the fob. Got up early one morning in Maryland and heard someones car go off. I just kept my doing my thing for a few minutes before I realized what was happening and sure enough it was hers. Guess I stepped on the fob that was in my pants pocket laying in the floor. Pretty sure I had to piss a few floks off in the RV park but nobody complained to my face.

• Staff
1 hour ago, joeld79 said:

Does the horn work when the alarm goes off though?

No, it's like what you've done to silence the alarm sounding the horn; this is just another work around.   I think the only way to fix this horn problem, if the foil wrap doesn't work, is to replace the central timer module.

• Staff
1 hour ago, joeld79 said:

I also like the option to arm the alarm with the horn for parking in sketchy areas.

You're right, there should be a way to keep the horn option for the alarm.  Putting a switch in the black/red wire and running it up to some place on the dash would work.  This would create an open/closed circuit between ,the horn relay and the central timer.  

• Staff

There is a wire that comes off the end of the door cylinder lock. You can get to it by removing the interior door panel carefully. My alarm was going off approx 1 out of  every three times I'd open the door. I found that by zip tying the wire connector toward the front of the truck, sort of pulling on it to reposition it, it would behave normal without any problems. This has solved my problem for about a year now. It's weird I know, but it like the connection was loose and worn from the lock and switch always being used.