• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel Site. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Cummins owners. We try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use.

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members
    • Member Garage where you can display your vehicles and modifications.
    • Download Files, documents, and tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.

8 minutes ago, Quadzilla Power said:

I do have a request out to the developer to see if an external SD card is required, but it doesn't look like it is. 

That reminds me, I should put my SD card back in.

One other thing, this particular OS is kind of strange. There are at least two internal "drives" in the unit. Maybe even 3, I need to double check. I wonder if it's trying to put the files inside a directory of one of the drives that are reserved for OS or OEM use.

I wish I could follow along to debug somehow and see what's hanging.

I'm seeing if I can build a version for you that doesn't use the external memory call and just uses the getCacheDir() call instead of the getExternalCacheDir() call. 

Try it with the SD card as well to see if that fixes it. 

50 minutes ago, Quadzilla Power said:

I'm seeing if I can build a version for you that doesn't use the external memory call and just uses the getCacheDir() call instead of the getExternalCacheDir() call. 

Try it with the SD card as well to see if that fixes it. 

Nice! I would be extremely grateful.

3 minutes ago, Quadzilla Power said:

well, I tried and got a permission denied error. I am looking to see if I can fix it real quick or if I need to get the developer involved. 

I wonder if changing that call would require access to the mediarw permission group?

There is nothing that I've found that says any special permissions are required. However, the total size of the "cache" section would need to increase to account for the data-log. The exported custom tunes are less than 1 kB so they shouldn't really  require anything extra. 

OK, I did a special build for you that doesn't use the createTempFile file call and instead creates a normal file in the "external" directory. Basically, all the external means is that it isn't hidden and you should be able to navigate to the file. 

Try this file: 

http://quadzillatech.com/TunesDownloads/AndroidApp/IQUAD_ANDROID_app-release(SPECIAL-BETA).apk

Like I said before, this is a special one-off build. If you get a warning saying failed to export or something else, tell me what it says. It may help identify what's going on. 

The files were created for me in the following directory: 

Internal Storage>Android>data>com.quadzillapower.iQuad>files

I tried it on two different devices and they were created in the same area. 

4 hours ago, Quadzilla Power said:

There is nothing that I've found that says any special permissions are required. However, the total size of the "cache" section would need to increase to account for the data-log. The exported custom tunes are less than 1 kB so they shouldn't really  require anything extra. 

OK, I did a special build for you that doesn't use the createTempFile file call and instead creates a normal file in the "external" directory. Basically, all the external means is that it isn't hidden and you should be able to navigate to the file. 

Try this file: 

http://quadzillatech.com/TunesDownloads/AndroidApp/IQUAD_ANDROID_app-release(SPECIAL-BETA).apk

Like I said before, this is a special one-off build. If you get a warning saying failed to export or something else, tell me what it says. It may help identify what's going on. 

The files were created for me in the following directory: 

Internal Storage>Android>data>com.quadzillapower.iQuad>files

I tried it on two different devices and they were created in the same area. 

Awesome, thank you for doing this. Much appreciated. After work today I'm tackling Tappet cover gasket, front crank seal, front cover gasket, vacuum pump seal, and VP44 Oring. Will be nice to keep some of the oil in the crank case. If I finish all that tonight (wishful thinking) I will try this out tomorrow after work, and I'll keep you posted.

-Kole

@Quadzilla Power

I gave that APK a shot. Same problem. I also tried installing the app on the external SD card with no change. I wish I had a way to tell exactly what was holding it up, other than just getting the "Failed to Export" message. I wonder if an app exists to debug and step through code of another app?

5 hours ago, Quadzilla Power said:

Was there no other message regardging the state of the drive? It might have said something like:
"Cannot Use External Storage: xxxx" where xxxx is the reason it can't? 

Negative, all i see is the grey popup message "Failed to Export" on both Data Logging Export and Custom Tune Export.

I’m not looking to export any logs at the moment but I’m looking to get the android head unit. But I haven’t heard if you can control the Iquadbt from it or just view it? Could anyone clarify that?

You can control it, but if you can't import and export I don't see a point.  

Ok I’ve been checking the iquad out for a very short period, import and export, what exactly are you importing and exporting? I have my truck basically for towing only with injectors and lift pump so really just looking for some power gain. Reason I’m after the iquad is if someone had a good tune it’s not hard to copy then tweak.

Tune data or data logs.

As for building tunes I would start with the default tune and tweak it slowly. Default Quadzilla tune isn't bad starting place. As for what works on my truck may or may not work for you. Like I'm running nearly 23* worth of cruise timing.

I see ya I’m not going competitive enough at the moment to be to worried about my data logs or to do that much custom tuning, but I can now change power levels on the stereo deck? That’s good news do you know what deck they were running and the add ons they needed?

3 hours ago, GrampoleCummins said:

I can now change power levels on the stereo deck?

Basically, any Android head unit or Android device (cell phone, tablet, etc.) should be able to do that task for you. 

3 hours ago, GrampoleCummins said:

I’m not going competitive enough at the moment to be to worried about my data logs or to do that much custom tuning

None of are in a competitive mode at all really other than tuning to clear up smoke and improve daily driver performance. Like I came from an Edge Comp that was rather dirty and impossible to clean up because of the lack of tuning and timing controls.  

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I bought mine off of eBay a couple years ago. It works extremely well. There's only a couple different manufacturers and different chinese companies constantly rebrand them and sell them with their own logo. I'm very happy with it, and the Quad works good on it, for the most part. It's just Importing and Exporting tunes and logs that doesn't work, but that's just some kind of incompatibility with the iQuad app and my Android OS that we haven't figured out yet. When I absolutely must datalog I connect to my phone or a tablet.

Having the gauges up on the screen at all times is great. Being able to change power levels as easy as changing the radio station is awesome. Quick tune change on the fly, no problem. Some day we'll nail down the import/export problem and the complaint department from me will be at an all time low! haha.

Also keep in mind that I bought a double din sized head unit. Took some hacking and slashing to get it in. Looked almost perfect except at the very end I cracked the dash piece a little bit. Not terrible but it bugs the hell out of me. Oh well, win some lose some.

Edited by kzimmer
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the help guys I know where I’m going for my questions from now on 👊 so I already got a custom made dash for a double din unit. Now I was really hoping I could run the iquad off of it and it seems that’s a go 😅. I’ll start throwing some more parts together now that I’m certain of what I want and appreciate the replys.

This forum really is fantastic. We love these guys over here. 

Also, just as an FYI, kzimmer really did have to do a lot of tweaks to the operating system on his stereo unit to get it to work. If you are pretty tech savvy you should be able to get it to work. We are not Android Auto compatible so you might have to put a different version of the OS on there. 

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Quadzilla Power said:

This forum really is fantastic. We love these guys over here.

Ditto...

• Like 1