• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla XZT

WiscoRedkneck

Looking at buying a friends used XZT for 200 (he flipped his truck) he has an 01 so it has the wrong harness but he claims to have the correct one and said that the harness is easy to change.  Anyone done this before?  It's about a hundred mile drive one way and I planned to go look at it at 12 noon today.

6 hours ago, WiscoRedkneck said:

I found the replacement harness online just need to reach out to @quadzillapower to find out if I can swap it over or if I have to send it in

Wisco, what year is your truck? That is what determines what all will need to make it work. Or feel free to call us and we will go over it...

Thanks!

Edited by Quadzilla_Stephen

9 hours ago, notlimah said:

When does the internal difference take place? I have an xzt that I bought used but I believe it's an older unit. I had to get an adapter for it because the po was using it on his 01 and I have the 02.

1998.5-00 are the same internally, and 01-02 are the same internally.

Passed on the used XZT we opened up the unit to find that the unit had decent damage likely due to the fire and extinguishment after the accident, corrosion and smoke tracing inside the unit.  It looks like I'll be calling you shortly for a new unit.  Just not sure XZT or adrenaline 

Edited by WiscoRedkneck

19 minutes ago, WiscoRedkneck said:

Passed on the used XZT we opened up the unit to find that the unit had decent damage likely due to the fire and extinguishment after the accident, corrosion and smoke tracing inside the unit.  It looks like I'll be calling you shortly for a new unit.  Just not sure XZT or adrenaline 

We look forward to hearing from you!

Unfortunately it comes down to needs versus wants right now...  I would really like an adrenaline but the transmission(suncoast stage 1 with about a 100k of heavy pulling miles)won't take what that programmer can put down with a 35/40 hybrid turbo and 100 sticks I know that for a fact the smarty was beating her up. 

I know it's getting another transmission maybe even before the road trip but there's the problem the late July road trip with a 32 foot 11k loaded bunkhouse, no programmer, no good, IMHO its just unsafe when the truck and trailer cant get out of their own way.  

But I'm saving up enough for an emergency transmission change en-route if needs and already have planned shops along the route so if the trans fails on the trip I'll be good, thus meaning buying a programmer and a tablet is harder to swallow then just buying a programmer....:think:

11 hours ago, Quadzilla_Stephen said:

1998.5-00 are the same internally, and 01-02 are the same internally.

Got it, now I just need to hope the guy I bought it from actually bought it for an 01 lol. I assume it has to be working though since I can feel the power increase and I'm not getting any codes or CELs