• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Head gasket leaking oil

14 hours ago, TFaoro said:

They're always mad about something. Since I got the electronics out of it, mine has been much better about being alive. I'm slowly getting it beat down.

I used to have couple of duce and halfs, ( friend of mine has about 60 now :thud:he chops them up and sells them as 4x4 on 46s or 52s) I kinda got him into this but he loves it. drove them every where got right at 10 mpg no matter what and lots of confused people. All mechanical I loved it, but.... 55 is about top speed unles on 52s then you could squeeze 70 maybe. not very comfortable and military screwed up not putting lockers in and using **** for tires thats how supersingles ca me about. Got them at government action for peanuts,  took forever to get them legalized/registered and had to sign a form that said if dot ever decide they are not road worthy they have a right to revoke plates. Least to say I had fun with mine, I left them as 6x6 and instead chopped a junk one up for parts and lifted my 76 chevy, learnd a lot there. I can keep going on this story but here is a link to my chanel, you can kinda see my life pattern till I got married and hardly any videos lately. Now waiting for kids to grow up a bit and slowly get them of wife's iPad onto a quad to start with.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jlbayes said:

The people that tell you to sell old and buy new know nothing about fixing vehicles nor do they work on them. I work on hybrids and electrics. There is a huge disconnect between the end user and the vehicle.

Somehow they forgot that electricity comes from mainly burning coal and small percentage of hydro and solar, o and environment friendly nuclear. 

• Like 1

• Owner
13 hours ago, CTcummins24V said:

I know that one. Our conversation usually ends in "just sell it"

Just wait... Get a 3rd or 4th gen and start planning on injector changes every 100-150k miles. Looking at around $4,000 for quality set of new injectors. If you think you can just over look that fact so many people lose an engine over bad common rail injectors. Then there are people driving around with the grid heater light on. High return flow from bad injectors kind of a check engine light of injectors.

So now we whine about $1,100 for injection pumps every 100-200k miles. Then if you happen to wipe out a CR engine then look towards about $6.000 to be rebuilt. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

5 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Just wait... Get a 3rd or 4th gen and start planning on injector changes every 100-150k miles. Looking at around $4,000 for quality set of new injectors. 

:thud:I'll be keeping mine as long as I can 

Edited by Dieselfuture

15 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Somehow they forgot that electricity comes from mainly burning coal and small percentage of hydro and solar, o and environment friendly nuclear.

Minor detail. Or how lithium is obtained.

14 minutes ago, trreed said:

By "work on" you mean burn to the ground because there's not enough room to get your hand under the hood?

Most stuff we do is fairly accessible. Some of it won't be due to design obviously. Amazing when a minor connection issue on the bus will bring a whole car down.....

17 hours ago, jlbayes said:

Y'all do not know mad. I promise.

Bet me!

3 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

I used to have couple of duce and halfs, ( friend of mine has about 60 now :thud:he chops them up and sells them as 4x4 on 46s or 52s) I kinda got him into this but he loves it. drove them every where got right at 10 mpg no matter what and lots of confused people. All mechanical I loved it, but.... 55 is about top speed unles on 52s then you could squeeze 70 maybe. not very comfortable and military screwed up not putting lockers in and using **** for tires thats how supersingles ca me about. Got them at government action for peanuts,  took forever to get them legalized/registered and had to sign a form that said if dot ever decide they are not road worthy they have a right to revoke plates. Least to say I had fun with mine, I left them as 6x6 and instead chopped a junk one up for parts and lifted my 76 chevy, learnd a lot there. I can keep going on this story but here is a link to my chanel, you can kinda see my life pattern till I got married and hardly any videos lately. Now waiting for kids to grow up a bit and slowly get them of wife's iPad onto a quad to start with.

I need a duce. Business vehicle!!

Edited by TFaoro

1 hour ago, jlbayes said:

The people that tell you to sell old and buy new know nothing about fixing vehicles nor do they work on them. I work on hybrids and electrics. There is a huge disconnect between the end user and the vehicle.

I always wondered what a battery change in one of these vehicles costs.

50 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

i very seldom hear this mentioned, I only hear about the 0 emissions. It is true the car does not but the power plant sure does.

• Owner

One thing most people won't tell you that hybrid doesn't travel too far without a charge. From what I've seen is about 15-20 miles tops. Out where I'm at they will not survive even one trip to the store or drive to work it's too far for any hybrid. 

4 minutes ago, dripley said:

I'm seeing about $1,500 to $2,000 roughly. Average life span of the battery is about 100k miles. 

5 minutes ago, dripley said:

i very seldom hear this mentioned, I only hear about the 0 emissions. It is true the car does not but the power plant sure does.

Unless you have a power plant like mine. Solar and Hydro. Zero Emissions...

Then down the road from my place is another hydro power plant. The majority of Idaho power comes from Oxbow dam on the snake river. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxbow_Dam

19 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

Bet me!

Done.

16 minutes ago, dripley said:

Depends on who the supplier for the battery is. I can only comment on what the cost is for the cars I attend to. 15k for a reman, 30k for a new and 8k (different supplier and car) for a new. These do not make 100k miles either lol

Edited by jlbayes

Someone I know has a tesla, they get about 300 mile range depends on driving stile. There is a guage like instant mpg type, more accessories you use faster you go etc the worst of it is. But they put fill stations for them free of charge if you own one usually next to bigger stores, so you plug it in and go shopping. Price tag on average one is around 100k , these people are software engineers, so there is that. They live in their own words. 

1 hour ago, TFaoro said:

I need a duce. Business vehicle!!

This is a post of one of them bubed dueces. His prices definitely went up over the years. I was able to buy one for 7-8k 10 years ago in really nice shape, with a winch and a heater, Hard or soft top. You can build one but takes some time and equipment to do it.

https://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/cto/d/custom-deuce-truck-x-trailer/6208956003.html

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

This is a post of one of them bubed dueces. His prices definitely went up over the years. I was able to buy one for 7-8k 10 years ago in really nice shape, with a winch and a heater, Hard or soft top. You can build one but takes some time and equipment to do it.

https://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/cto/d/custom-deuce-truck-x-trailer/6208956003.html

No need for a bobbed one, I need a whole one. I'd use it as a business truck to take products to shows. CL has them for around 10k usually