• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Custom Quadzilla Tuning R & D Thread

Me78569

38 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I will get various datalogs showing as much data as possible along with videos of each setup.  

We should be able to compare 0-60 of each setup and see how much difference there is in power.  

@Carbur8tr @kzimmer  Any thoughts on what tests I should do to show pros vs cons of the increased pop?

I would assume you keep a fairly good log of actual mileage, if so I would say without changing Tunes driving habits or anything go ahead and dryvit for a full tank or two to see if the mileage is changed at all. Driving normally would also give you time and the ability to see possibly small changes in everyday driving situations. 

I dont keep mileage logs haha.  I will record cruise egt on a stretch of road going to work that is very steady.  that should tell us what is going on.  

lets not start a trend of repopping until we get some good data in.  My curiousity should not have an ill effect on others....unless they are bored like me.  If you are bored and wanna mess with this like me then feel free.  PM DieselAutoPower about it.

Edited by Me78569

3 hours ago, Me78569 said:

I dont think it would help honestly.

Try this , enable high idle let it idle up, then drop it into gear without using brake or gas,  does it stall still?

That really slams it in to gear if I blip throttle I can get it with out stall but I don't like to

On 12/14/2017 at 10:38 PM, Me78569 said:

@rogerash0  When you put it into gear do rpms spike for a split second or do rpms drop without any spike at all? even just a split second spike

It actually happened yesterday morning despite my best intentions not to stall my truck. I had it plugged in overnight, I have the grid heater and all that but it doesnt cycle when plugged in. It may have been 28 or 32 degrees outside.

I throw it in reverse, & the rpms drop lock a rock and the truck dies perceivably instantaneously. I restarted it, and dropped it into 1 instead of reverse. It took 1, then I go into reverse, and off I go without stalling. I'll watch the tach extra carefully next time and drop it into R just to see for ya.

Don likes 7x.010 nozzles. If you let it run for a few min it should take care of the stalling without having to pull the injectors.

Im sure your right, when I spoke to his wife on the phone she said they are slightly smaller than 7x0.011 but its not about the nozzle size as much as it is about how it flows & the shape of the holes. I quote.

Edited by rogerash0

We need to start data logging the stalls.  @Me78569 we need to get a spreadsheet going and record all of the data we have on current injectors.

IE: 

Idle Canbus values 

Stall instances

Maybe free rev canbus values or something to help compare what's going on with fueling at what point in the curve

Edited by Carbur8tr

16 hours ago, Me78569 said:

@Carbur8tr @kzimmer  Any thoughts on what tests I should do to show pros vs cons of the increased pop?

Highway mpg, 0-60 times, smoke output, spoolup times, sound of engine (like a percieved change in timing), EGT's at various scenarios (spoolup, idle, cruising, max boost), max boost without wiretap.

The wife finally managed to stall it yesterday in the car wash lineup, driving over a chunk of ice.