• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Shudder light throttle

Mopar1973Man

2 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Does nothing the tune never shows up in the list. If you repeat with the same name it says the tune already exist but nothing is in the tune list.

This means you have the wrong vehicle profile selected for the tune.   Your eco tune needs to be in the vehicle profile "1998-2002 v2 2.5"

You had uploaded the eco tune using a different profile that was for the testing stuff, I fixed that so other people could use your tune.  Since you are running V2 now you have to use the v2 vehicle profile. 

You have to make sure that the tune that you are downloading and loading up are for the vehicle profile you have currently selected. otherwise, it will load up for the different vehicle profile and not for the current one. you could probably find it if you switched vehicle profiles, but it may have been corrupted during the save. 

@Mopar1973Man @trreed @silverdodge @anyone else having these types of issues right offidle / low tps.  Can you guys give this flash a try.  I have rewrote the way the ECM and Quadzilla trade off control. The ecm will handle fueling / timing sub 950 rpm.  There is no longer a smoothing function in place to try and prevent stalling, I have handled that back to the ECM for control.  

ADRV2.exe

Let me know if it still does weird things, also let me know if you notice a significant increase in smoke right off idle. 

Edited by Me78569

• Owner

UPDATE: Flashed... Be testing on the way down...

UPDATE: I've got the flash done. Quick test drive but weather is not hot yet. Studder seems less but we'll see by the time I reach Ontario at 100+*F weather today. Also the crashing seems to be gone now. I'll see what happens on future start ups. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

This is an interesting topic.  I posted over in the CF that I had some very light bucking at very low throttle input as well.  Mine is more like cam lope than what it sounds like Mike's is doing.  As I was pulling down fueling down low to get the smoke out with my injectors which i had gotten down to 85% my truck would actually die with a slight touch of the throttle, sub 5% when pulling out of a parking spot.  I brought the fueling back up and the truck hasn't died since but it will still buck a little.  I started pulling timing to get rid of the bucking but it didn't seem to help much.  I got down to 13* @ 1500 and 16* @ 2000 and it didn't seem to improve any, also pulled light throttle advance down to 0*.  As I flipped back and forth between stock setting I noticed that my tunes were now running as much as 2.5* behind where stock was running.  I raised the timing back up to match closer to stock in the sub 2000 rpm range.  Again not much changed the very slight bucking that I could feel at very low throttle input.  I can't feel the bucking in stock setting either.  I'm beginning to think that the bucking while driving down the road is actually drive-train lash as it's loping.  

Now this brings me to my question, is it possible that this smoothing setting needs slight adjustments based on the size injectors we have?

So now driving home and app froze up I can exit and load it again push connect to adrenaline and it shows all zeros, never done it to where I couldn't restart it5983975ea054e_2017-08-0316_27_59.jpg.5ec3f4e25d4fd8574c814e3cb2c9175d.jpg

Tried unlink link with different phones, same thing, flying blind

Edit, after few attempts to load a tune screen now showing this

59839b7e20aa0_2017-08-0316_53_14.jpg.6b103da88a96454e9dab3a082928d592.jpg

Edit got to a place where I could shut the truck off and it loaded up till I got home and it froze up again AZ I was pulling in driveway, is this same that you guys expiriengnceing

Also when it froze I could still load tunes I belive, because I can hear difference it timing when I was on hwy, it just wouldn't show anything on screen. And so I left it on default tune and when it started to work again that's what it was on, so it must be working in background just doesn't want to display it.

And to add to that if you up the level before you change the tune then it will be on that same level once other tune loads, so if I'm driving on mpg tune and my wife pulls up next to me I know what to do now.

Edited by Dieselfuture

36 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Run the tune I posted and see how you like it.  The smoothing is gone and the ecm handled the right off idle situtation.    

I'll download it later tonight and give it a test tomorrow.  Is that a complete tune or will my tunes upload to that profile?

@Me78569 and @Quadzilla Power thank you for keeping up with this. 

On the issue I started to have right after putting newest flash on quad and app on phone, on how it won't display anything, but I can still go to custom tuning and chose a tune and after a shut down and restart of the truck it actually displays the tune I chosen just couldn't see, and I did try 2 phones. The only issue I expirienced before is if you change tunes and try to adjust levels right of way it would freeze, now it seems to freeze at random, so far it did it 3 times. Once with in 5 minutes of driving then maybe 30 min and then again at 10 min. I tryed reflash for box and phone app after first 2 times and it did it again, but today it didn't do it after an hour and 20 min of driving. I checked the #9 fuse inside cab where quad is piggy backed to and other conections looked good.

Which brings another question, I assume the red wire with white stripe that goes to fuse 9 switched power is a trigger wire? for box to turn on. And red wire that goes to +battery always has power to box, but there is no fuse. Would it be a good idea to add a fuse and what size or is it not nassesary?  Thank you. 

On 8/4/2017 at 9:51 AM, Me78569 said:

alright,

If you are having the shudder / rattle at sube 1200 rpm this should resolve for you.  I wouldn't call it a true issue as it won't hurt anything, but I understand the oddity.  

This flash will disable light load timing until 1200 rpm is hit.  adrv2XXXX.exe

Haven't had a whole lot of time on the new tune yet but it does feel better so far. 

Edited by NoMercy Z06

Nick,

How does the quad balance timing below 1500rpm?   If I set my 1500 rpm timing to 15.5* there are times below 1400 rpm that my timing will be .5 to 1* above stock timing.  If I set my 1500 rpm timing to 14.5 it will have my timing .5 to 1* below stock timing.  The reason I mention 1400 rpm is because that's where it seams the 1500 rpm setting starts to take effect.  I can actually see higher timing below 1400 rpm.  In other words lets say my 1500 rpm timing is set at 15*.  It might be 16.21* at 1200rpm, 16.74* at 1300rpm and then when it approaches 1400 rpm it starts to drop timing and my be at 15.75*, so I assume around 1400rpm is where the 1500 rpm timing setting starts to take over.  Most of my light bucking issue is sub 1300 rpm.  It doesn't do it on the stock setting though. 

As it turns out I'm still seeing the issue after the new tune.