• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Alternator Question

• Owner
44 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Is there any way the brushes can be sold with the new diode bridge in the forum the store?

Yes. It could be sold together or separate as well. I just need to source out the supplier and get some ordered. 

44 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Or are they easily purchased at any auto parts store?

Most auto part stores do not sell any rebuild kits that I've found. They want you to buy the full alternator.

• Like 1

• Staff
5 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Yes. It could be sold together or separate as well. I just need to source out the supplier and get some ordered. 

That's hopefully a good advantage then since auto parts don't sell them.:clap:

I bought brushes from my alternator last year.  In the Denso they are soldered on, and the lead to the brushes is pretty heavy gauge.  My solder iron would do the trick. 

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:47 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

There are two bearings and a brush kit too. The problem is the bearings have to be pressed off and the new ones pressed on.

I replaced the bearings on mine and they just tapped out and back in.  I used a socket and there was nothing to it.  I am not talking about beating them out, just light tapping.  Worked great for me.

• Like 1

• Staff

I had to replace one of the bearings on my tractor alternator and it wasn't difficult. Wanted to do both but the one still good one was pressed on,  so I said forget it. I will try hammer tapping the socket next time.

It's a good feeling knowing you figured it out and got it done. I know how good that is. 

Anyone know of a source for Bosch diodes? I put a brand new Bosch on last year. Not a 'new re-man' but a brand new alternator. I was hoping Bosch would be a better option but it's already putting out .04 unloaded and .09 when the computer killing grids cycle. Might have to look in to a relay to turn them off once the truck starts so they don't cycle during warmup.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dave110 said:

Anyone know of a source for Bosch diodes? I put a brand new Bosch on last year. Not a 'new re-man' but a brand new alternator. I was hoping Bosch would be a better option but it's already putting out .04 unloaded and .09 when the computer killing grids cycle. Might have to look in to a relay to turn them off once the truck starts so they don't cycle during warmup.

They are likely available but you will need to be able to solder very well.  As they are soldered into place, not bolted unfortunately.

14 hours ago, dave110 said:

I've bought from here before. https://www.aspwholesale.com/