12v owners. I installed a Stant 13479 thermostat over the weekend. NO more wild 50* temp. swings from the old thermostat. Just nice mild 5-10* swing on open and closed. Got the idea from ghostman over on the other forum. Very very happy with the results. Truck actually made temp. on my way to work this morning in the 37* cold. It would have been barely off the 140* mark with the old tstat.

3 hours ago, jlbayes said:

That it is. :thumb1:

I'm also assuming you're using the rubber o-ring from the stock style thermostat on the new one right?

Edited by Mopar1973Man

i went through 3 t-stats before i broke down and got a cummins one, has 2 stants and one gates i think it was. i really like the cummins one. now only have roughly 5 degree temp swing, then after a while it stays right at 188. for a 190 stat.

i've not had good luck with those.

15 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm also assuming you're using the rubber o-ring from the stock style thermostat on the new one right?

Yessir. Drops right in place of the original.

15 hours ago, Killer223 said:

i went through 3 t-stats before i broke down and got a cummins one, has 2 stants and one gates i think it was. i really like the cummins one. now only have roughly 5 degree temp swing, then after a while it stays right at 188. for a 190 stat.

i've not had good luck with those.

This is for a 12v. They do not use the same thermostat the 24v uses.

yeah my bad, i really should learn to read what section i'm clicking into. sorry bout that.

5 hours ago, Killer223 said:

yeah my bad, i really should learn to read what section i'm clicking into. sorry bout that.

Same here... 12V are known for that wild up / down swing of temps and also being cold blooded.

Is no problem. I just wanted to clarify for any others that came in looking. :thumb1:

I only use the Cummins tstat in my 24v.

On 12/6/2017 at 9:20 AM, jlbayes said:

Is no problem. I just wanted to clarify for any others that came in looking. :thumb1:

I only use the Cummins tstat in my 24v.

I currently use a Dodge 200F out of a 6.7L on my 99, and she runs 197-203 with a peak open of 208