• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Thermostat

6 hours ago, jlbayes said:

68067109AA, may have gone to 68067109AB now.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-powertrain/583419-200-vs-190-thermostat-expierment-thread-2.html

post #24- The # i got from dodge, the P/N was 68067109-AB. granted the 07-08 and 09 models I was told were 200F t stats. 

But it came in a Cummins box, so Cummins made the tstat.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pepsi71ocean said:

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-powertrain/583419-200-vs-190-thermostat-expierment-thread-2.html

post #24- The # i got from dodge, the P/N was 68067109-AB. granted the 07-08 and 09 models I was told were 200F t stats. 

But it came in a Cummins box, so Cummins made the tstat.

The way starparts is laid out the actual number is not clear as well as the tech notes on what part number to order for which year. Issa great system.

14 hours ago, Dodgeih said:

Will be here on Friday... For $43!!!  That's even with the discount our shop gets! I can get napa premium for $24.... But I guess I should go with the Mopar/Cummins part! 

Let us know the Cummins part # for the 200F stat. I had issues trying to recognize the part number from the box. It's like they did it on porpoise. 

2 hours ago, jlbayes said:

The way starparts is laid out the actual number is not clear as well as the tech notes on what part number to order for which year. Issa great system.

Yes, I know that there was a switch up on the part numbers, and I believe they switched the temperature ratings after 2008. 

A bit more complicated than that lol.

Tech Tip Description:   Important! There has been an application change to the Cummins turbo diesel thermostat. When replacing a thermostat confirm the correct replacement is choosen.

2010, 2011, and 2012 RAM Trucks 2500/3500/4500/5500 engine coolant operating temperature has been increased to 200 degrees requiring thermostat 68067109AA.

2009, 2013, and 2014 RAM Trucks 2500/3500/4500/5500 engine coolant operating temperature is 190 degrees requiring thermostat 68005464AA.

These thermostats are not interchangeable and doing so will result in reduced engine performance.

• Like 1

If it helps, Stant 49212 is also the 200° thermostat part number. I'm running this one. First open is something greater than 204 (quad can't see temps greater than 204 on my truck...) and swings down to as low as 186. When things regulate after driving for a while, the swings aren't as bad. Maybe 195-203. Some times worse. If I step on it to pass right before it's going to open it'll have a huge overshot followed by an undershot. I think it's just really slow reacting. 

I don't think warmup is any faster, but the extra heat is nice in the winter.

Before this I ran a gates 33956 180°. Aside from the dumb temperature, it was rock solid. Barely a measurable fluctuation. Actually pretty impressive. My next thermostat will be a gates.

11 minutes ago, pepsi71ocean said:

I suppose I should write up an article for this, for future use.

I've had no issues even when towing 10,000+ lbs trailers.  its a solid set up, and like @jlbayes said, the extra heat is well worth the investment! Especially up here in PA where its 2F at night.

Im more than willing to give my opinion after i get some time on mine.. so far i have 20 miles on it at temp near -10ºf  the whole time so so far i have no opinion.. 

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

I will be -18 tonight here, I was outside for a while and my nose wanted to freeze shut breathing hard after doing few things. :thumb1: definitely feels like winter now.

Currently -16º f with night time low supposed to be -20º f.. Supposed to stay before 0ºf until the end of the week, including highs, with the exception of high of +8º on Tuesday ?! 

53 minutes ago, Royal Squire said:

@Dodgeih what happened to your finger?

Well.... I sliced it with a box cutter the other day.. Wasn't very pleasant... Half embarrassed to say it happened trying to open a damn Christmas toy for my 1 year old ha ha

Snapchat-926098404.jpg

32 minutes ago, dripley said:

I think box cutters are more dangerous used on those clam shell containers everything seems to come in than anything I use them on for work.

exactly! haha i can work on hot sharp heavy dangerous stuff at work all day and always turn out fine but i cant make it through family Christmas without nearly losing a finger.

• Haha 1

On 12/31/2017 at 5:30 PM, Dodgeih said:

Im more than willing to give my opinion after i get some time on mine.. so far i have 20 miles on it at temp near -10ºf  the whole time so so far i have no opinion.. 

On 12/31/2017 at 6:50 PM, Dieselfuture said:

I will be -18 tonight here, I was outside for a while and my nose wanted to freeze shut breathing hard after doing few things. :thumb1: definitely feels like winter now.

Your input is appreciated guys! I'll start writing it up then.

I just installed the t stat @jlbayes suggested for the 12v trucks in the original post. In town around 20, 25 degress I still saw  good bit of temp swings like always but not as bad. Just made a 435 mile trip back to Maryland and did see some some 10* swings but very few. I am used to wider swings even on the interstate. So while not a total sucess a definite improvement for me. I am reading this off of my scan gauge and i did notice if you just have the dash temp gauge you would never notice any swings unless they are large. 

I have to add that the t stat is about 1/8" to big and I had to trim it down to fit and it comes with no gasket/o ring.

@pepsi71ocean maybe I need to try one of the 200's. We will see.

Edited by dripley