• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Me78569

Testing Injector Pop Pressure in the real world

On 9/10/2018 at 9:35 PM, Dieselfuture said:

Mine are supposed to be set to 320, if they are then I love it. 

This is good to hear, I have testing to do with the smarty when I'm done with it, but I hope it is worth it as well.

Hey Jacobb @dieselautopower I was wondering what you guys set 100HP injectors to back in 2013? I know back when I first installed these they were quite smoke free. I'm wondering if they were set to 300 (I think that is what the sticker on the bag said)

Also I read back in here that you adjust the pop pressure based on the size of the injector?

On 9/14/2018 at 9:56 AM, dieselautopower said:

typically 300-310BAR.  We do raise the pressure slightly when they get bigger.  300HP we set for 315.

I have a question, Would you guys be willing to pop and flow test my injectors, then reset them to 320bar, and then flow test them again. I'm really wondering what the loss in fuel for would be. 

20 hours ago, pepsi71ocean said:

I have a question, Would you guys be willing to pop and flow test my injectors, then reset them to 320bar, and then flow test them again. I'm really wondering what the loss in fuel for would be. 

How many miles are on the injectors/nozzles?  To test/ re-pop a set of our injectors we charge $110 shipped  to USA.

On 9/17/2018 at 12:56 PM, dieselautopower said:

How many miles are on the injectors/nozzles?  To test/ re-pop a set of our injectors we charge $110 shipped  to USA.

Approx 33,000 miles. These 100s burned clean when I first got them from you guys, buy that was back in 2013/2014 ish. 

Question, if they were flow tested, will they still be the same flow test when popped across the board. 

I'll most likely give you a call tomorrow and ship these out to you guys. 

On 9/20/2018 at 4:50 PM, dieselautopower said:

flow should not change.  Pop pressures can settle as the springs wear in.  

Jacobb, I shipped them out today, the post office said Monday for arrival. I wanted to know what the pop pressure is current then after, so I can compare. And if there's a way to overnight then back to have them by Thursday then that would be great.