• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Crankcase breather

28 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

If it was me I would replace all those rubber joints with fresh vacuum hose. Problem will be solved. 

Yep, that’s the plan. Gotta get oil at oreilly’s for my truck and my wife’s car tomorrow anyways so I’ll put vacuum hose on my list. Still gonna do the breather mod,tired of the oil mess.

Any idea what size vacuum hose? 

Edited by Red Rambler

1 hour ago, Red Rambler said:

Yep, that’s the plan. Gotta get oil at oreilly’s for my truck and my wife’s car tomorrow anyways so I’ll put vacuum hose on my list. Still gonna do the breather mod,tired of the oil mess.

Any idea what size vacuum hose? 

As much as I don't want to shop at Walmart you can get oil there much cheaper then orilys, while you're there get some 2 stroke oil for adding to fuel, it's the supertech stuff in blue jug. 

Bigger vacuum line might be 1/4 and rest 1/8 but don't quote me on that. I actually used some vinyl clear line on mine just cause I had some. Get it at menards or places alike for cheap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

As much as I don't want to shop at Walmart you can get oil there much cheaper then orilys, while you're there get some 2 stroke oil for adding to fuel, it's the supertech stuff in blue jug. 

Bigger vacuum line might be 1/4 and rest 1/8 but don't quote me on that. I actually used some vinyl clear line on mine just cause I had some. Get it at menards or places alike for cheap.

I use this and usually have an oreilly rewards card and keep them for oil. 

A08ECFAF-509A-49B7-BD7C-4A62A4E28D2F.jpeg.b0d4b5b8a4cda521fd7e8e11b130453b.jpeg

01A9E0F7-7499-42FA-8566-8122BC63DA2D.jpeg.c39fce963ecb4801d0569f6b8c3a7cef.jpeg

Yes every time I need some lumber I have to throw at least 2 boards aside just to keep one, and by the time you get home seems like few other ones decided to get twisted, everything else they sell is about same. Funny how they don't even bother you anymore when you bring things back, they just take it, kinda like Walmart. Garbage in garbage out....vinyl tube seems to be okay though, but probably causes cancer in California. 

• Staff

I keep wanting to call Oreillys' as ''Oilys'' Auto parts.

Don't know if this is of any interest, but I have a flatbed that has the fill neck on the bed rail which makes it harder to pour in 2 stroke oil. I used to use cardboard paper towel tubes inside the paper towel rolls. This helps pour by having a slope with a cardboard tube and later use it to help start the fire in the woodstove. Having done this many times using other than Supertech, was never a problem. However, by chance I decided to try the Supertech brand. What is interesting, is how quickly the Supertech soaked thru the cardboard and made a mess on my hands. Was interesting in that it seemed awful thin like oil.

Anyway walmarts are too far so I use the 'Oilys' brand which seems better to me for this reason. Who really knows?!:think:

Just now, Mopar1973Man said:

So what does it do in Idaho?

You get a condition called, 'Potatoe Skin' from it.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Yes every time I need some lumber I have to throw at least 2 boards aside just to keep one, and by the time you get home seems like few other ones decided to get twisted, everything else they sell is about same. Funny how they don't even bother you anymore when you bring things back, they just take it, kinda like Walmart. Garbage in garbage out....vinyl tube seems to be okay though, but probably causes cancer in California. 

I once went through two complete bundles of stud grade 2x6's to find 20 good ones for damn fence boards. It's junk. 

Edited by trreed
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, IBMobile said:

I don't know what it will do in Idaho but in North Carolina it's been known to make you look like a chicken.

Cluckity cluck cluck.

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

Isn't that lumber used by  Transgender contractors

Sometimes they make chicken breast with 

Got alot of that stuff in your house HUH? Ah ha haaaaa!

16 minutes ago, trreed said:

I once went through two complete bundles of stud grade 2x6's to find 20 good ones for damn fence boards. 

One thing for sure Menard's aint got a monopoly on that. I always enjoy going for some 2X's only to find they stacked all the cull lumber in front of the good. HD and Lowe's are also suppliers of boat keels.

• Like 1