• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

BHAF will last 100k miles without ever washing the filter. $50 bucks or so and cost way less than any other washable filter. 

The other problem is what is the filtering micron rating of any washable when you install it? What is the micron rating after 5 washes or 15 washes? When do you know that the filter is not doing its job properly? 

Typically the answer to the last question typically gets answered when the blow by the engine is too high to start in the morning. At that point it's too late the rings and cylinder walls are gone.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Typically the answer to the last question typically gets answered when the blow by the engine is too high to start in the morning. At that point it's too late the rings and cylinder walls are gone.

Could be another reason why my hone marks didn't look as good as they should of at 153k when I did my HG, PO had a K & N on that I got rid off shortly after buying my truck.

• Staff
5 hours ago, juspassinthrough said:

Hello will it hurt to delete air box just put air filter on inner fender. also opinions on spectre air filters with pre filter thanks.

You got good answers on the air filter, do you mind me asking what your fuel pressures are ranging?

• Staff

I did the rubber hose on the low pressure AC pipe between the evaporator and the accumulator.

I made my heat shield from  the heat shielding material used  between  the catalytic converter and the bottom of a car.

I use the same shielding material for the exhaust pipe of a generator in my 5th wheel.  Exhaust pipe side ~200°F+ and the other side ~95°F    

• Staff
21 hours ago, GSP7 said:

That's the small BHAF , isnt it? 

Yes, this one is: length 12.38" outside diameter 8.5". The larger type is: length 11.88" outside diameter 10.5".

21 hours ago, GSP7 said:

They dont make a pre-fliter cover for that size do they?

Fleetwear makes pre filters for both sizes. 

I have run the 6637 in mine for a while and bought from NAPA. I have to get it at their truckers price of about $30 in store, don't remember the exact amount. I googled the 6637 and found this https://www.dieselequipmentinc.com/products/b085011?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=19566734657&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwbzKjczk2QIVDkwNCh0l7gzCEAQYASABEgLun_D_BwE.  Baldwin makes one also.

If has the duralie name on it also, but different part numbers. Anyone know if there is a difference between them?

Edited by dripley