• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Everyone post a picture of your truck!

Not mine- but my uncles and its for sale. 1999 Sport with 207k. Has a potentially built auto (judging by the rest of the truck), 3pc DPS Man., AMS Oil Relocation, this it was a FASS since it was noisy as hell when I turned the key on, AFE Cold Air, BANKS High Ram, Non-wastegated Hx35, Electric Fans, Heat wrapped piping (kinda ghetto in some areas), 4" Straight Piped, Perfect interior, Sunroof, Full set of banks gauges, woodgrain dash? Kinda looks homemade. Truck has little to no rust. Should I trade my 03 silverado for it?? What do you think @Mopar1973Man

IMG_20180630_101449_841.jpg

IMG_20180630_101449_836.jpg

IMG_20180630_101449_838.jpg

IMG_20180630_101449_840.jpg

Edited by TheGreatWhite
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Nice batch of red fir out of the black forest. We've even got our eyes on a few pines for next time. Looks like a short load but since Kelly mounded the pile tall in the front it's actually a solid 2 cord load really. Sad part is the soot and carbon dust is nasty. 

20180629_160021.jpg20180629_1718241.jpg

Retired logger here Mike ....... I'm scanning your beautiful photo's .... looking for your stumps. The stumps tell the story (smiling) Looks like Douglas fir in the 'standing dead' ...... love splitting, dislike stacking !

• Owner
2 hours ago, Macarena Man said:

Retired logger here Mike ....... I'm scanning your beautiful photo's .... looking for your stumps. The stumps tell the story (smiling) Looks like Douglas fir in the 'standing dead' ...... love splitting, dislike stacking !

Stump on the red fir was not my cut it was already down. Now as for the area we scan the area and found a widowmaker hung up in another tree making the area unsafe for work. Being the last time I was out wood cutting was like 3 years ago. My buddy girl friend her Dad is logger as well she like just fall the Pondera Pine into the widowmaker and your area is safe. My cut wasn't the greatest but I managed to smack the widowmaker square on and put it on the ground. Made our work area safe but gave us more wood to play with next time. Sorry no photo of that...

Guest 04Mach1
4 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

I'd rather have faded paint then holes

I know what you mean there too. After 15 Colorado winter's the doors on my 2001 suffered some damage. The rust started showing it's ugly face about 3 years ago. The rest of the truck is clean though. This is a fairly common 4 door quad cab rust spot as I have seen a bunch in Colorado with the identical rust.

IMG_20180623_114139.jpg

IMG_20180623_114118.jpg

Edited by 04Mach1

4 hours ago, TheGreatWhite said:

AFE Cold Air,

That's what I thought about doing with the filter minder too instead of drilling a hole in bhaf every time @Mopar1973Man

53 minutes ago, 04Mach1 said:

I know what you mean there too.

My doors are a little better but my rockers and cab corners well and fenders are going bad, one day it just happened bam and there is a hole. Clean on the under side, rotting inside out. I sprayed engine oil everywhere I could when I first got the truck and few times since it helps to slow it down but a bit to late. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2018 at 9:24 PM, dripley said:

Starting to see the drivers door on the inside rusting pretty good along the fold and just had one spot pop up on the outside lower drivers fender just behind the front wheel. Sucks but what do you do?

I think I found the solution, just need more beer now

20180708_210118.jpg.446264dae68e34b633d5a071b0806be0.jpg20180708_210054.jpg.485e4a568a192dc19cd4d391907ddc8b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, dripley said:

Not sure its the self tappers or maybe the freaking Japanese beer cans. Just noticed what they were.

Ah so, Sapporo ichi bon. 

I'll fix it the right way some day, with foam and bondo :lmao:

Actually all jokes aside, there are some people that can use foam and bondo and make it look good enough to sell it. I used to carry a magnet to some actions I went back in the day just to avoid that kind of fraud. It happens more than you think.  

1 minute ago, Marcus2000monster said:

How do you like ur xzt?

Stupid easy to install. The 35hp "mileage tune" is nice, but I've gotten better mileage out of then 75hp tune. This trip if I set cruise at 65-70 I'd getting 16-18 hand calculated. It's great when pulling the 30' gooseneck. 

id definitely recommend it if you want just alil somethin to wake it up and not have to go deep into supportin mods. 

17 hours ago, Towrigdually said:

id definitely recommend it if you want just alil somethin to wake it up and not have to go deep into supportin mods. 

I would have to agree. Nice little tuner and seem to be able to find them used.

2 hours ago, Dmaney said:

Do you have injectors too?

I am not sure if injectors are stock.  I see 1100-1200 if I get into it.  My hx35 maxes out at 20psi boost.  I know previous owner did nothing to truck,  but idk what owner before them did, if anything to motor.

Tim

3 hours ago, Collinst15 said:

I am not sure if injectors are stock.  I see 1100-1200 if I get into it.  My hx35 maxes out at 20psi boost.  I know previous owner did nothing to truck,  but idk what owner before them did, if anything to motor.

Tim

You can get more out of the HX with a boost controller on it. They are good for up to 35 psi. The stock waste gate opens around 20 psi and that's what limits it.