• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Weather tech mats

Does anyone have these that confirm they fit 2nd gens?

http://www.weathertech.com/dodge/2002/ram-truck-1500/floorliner-digitalfit/bodystyle/quad-cab/drive/4-wheel-drive/transmission/automatic/

I've been waiting forever for weathertech to come out with the fitted mats, but they only list them as fitting the 2002 1500's. What's weird is if you change the year to 2001 1500, they're no longer as option so I'm wondering if they think a 2002 is actually a 3rd gen?

Call WeatherTech.  They are helpful and have more information than what's on their site.  I recently bought mats for a Volvo V60.  The data on the site was confusing so I called.  They said the mats would fit. and I bought. This car has 3 mats.  Two out of 3 mats were the wrong color which may have been my fault.  Regardless, WeatherTech replaced the mats and paid shipping.  The mats were a little more expensive than I wanted but I'm happy with the results.

• Staff

The Huskys fit and made for 2nd gens. I like them a lot, has a lip high enough to protect. I found out the black ones look better with a different colored interior. Other truck has the matching color gray with the gray interior, but the black still looks the best. something about that contrast.:thumb1: 

• Staff
13 minutes ago, trreed said:

@Red Rambler mine are old and the lip is folded over due to being stepped on all the time.  And I think Weathertech mats are thicker rubber.

A client gave me a set of the weathertech mats out of his Caddy. I was surprised they are made to look like they are thicker but aren't really thicker at all. He gave them to me cause they needed cleaning.

8 hours ago, notlimah said:

You got pics @JAG1? Or part number?

Driver and passenger sides have same model # 3071. That's on the black ones.

Edited by JAG1

Call them.  They answer the phone and make quality products. I find it hard to believe that weathertech wouldn't make a  mat for something as common as a  2nd gen. When did WT start in business?

A friend in the parts business says 2nd gen part sales have dropped off in favor of newer vehicles.

37 minutes ago, Junkman said:

Call them.  They answer the phone and make quality products. I find it hard to believe that weathertech wouldn't make a  mat for something as common as a  2nd gen. When did WT start in business?

A friend in the parts business says 2nd gen part sales have dropped off in favor of newer vehicles.

Might that be that they were made better back than, compared to newer vehicles needing parts already? I hope that is the case :thumb1:

• Staff

Ebay got a higher price.

22 minutes ago, jlbayes said:

I paid 65 bucks for mine a Line X dealer a year ago, but had to go back to pick them up. Another good place to get them from is Cabelas.... right to my doorstep.

Edited by JAG1

21 minutes ago, Red Rambler said:

Might that be that they were made better back than, compared to newer vehicles needing parts already? I hope that is the case :thumb1:

No, these trucks fall apart around the beautiful engine that is Cummins.  Dodge skimped on heavy duty parts and under-built the trucks. We are at the point where fewer people fix them and more are moving on.

Edited by Junkman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Junkman said:

No, these trucks fall apart around the beautiful engine that is Cummins.  Dodge skimped on heavy duty parts and under-built the trucks. We are at the point where fewer people f2f them and more are moving on.

You nailed it there. The reason we see so many of these trucks anymore is because they have a Cummins engine still poking along. I still see newer vehicles that are in worse shape than some of our trucks, people are just rough on vehicles, neglect.

• Like 1

• Owner
2 hours ago, Red Rambler said:

You nailed it there. The reason we see so many of these trucks anymore is because they have a Cummins engine still poking along. I still see newer vehicles that are in worse shape than some of our trucks, people are just rough on vehicles, neglect.

Exactly. Ive seen brand new 2017 vehicles look like utter crap because the owner doesn't give a damn. They whine about how their very is always broken or falling apart.

• Like 1