• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Staff

I had a 50' roll of 1/4" hose so I ran a line into the cab from the turbo to the controller and back out to the waste gate so I could adjust it on the fly.  I made several wide open runs to set it.

I tried to set it with air pressure from the compressor but it the valve didn't seam to want to open.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

I had a 50' roll of 1/4" hose so I ran a line into the cab from the turbo to the controller and back out to the waste gate so I could adjust it on the fly.  I made several wide open runs to set it.

I tried to set it with air pressure from the compressor but it the valve didn't seam to want to open.  

So what did you set it to and can you maybe measure threads or something for reference to psi, that way we might have a starting point. I had few drinks so if what I'm saying doesn't make sense then ignore my post. 

11 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I had few drinks so if what I'm saying doesn't make sense then ignore my post. 

I am confused but I only had a couple drinks. Maybe I need to catch up.

2 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

If I remember right my manifold was decided but turbo housing wasn't, but I can't remember passed 10 minutes ago 

pretty sure thats how mine is. Manifold divided but the exhaust housing is not. Opening another beer now.:cheers:

• Like 1

Guys, HX35s are divided housings. Which both of you have. HY35s and HE351s are undivided.

Now, when I unbolted my HX35 for the first time, the gasket in there was an undivided gasket. Putting a divided gasket in there changed the sound a bit. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trreed said:

Guys, HX35s are divided housings. Which both of you have. HY35s and HE351s are undivided.

Now, when I unbolted my HX35 for the first time, the gasket in there was an undivided gasket. Putting a divided gasket in there changed the sound a bit. 

I have had my turbo off the truck once in 2005 and thats it. Are you saying the exhaust housing is divided also? 

8 hours ago, dripley said:

I am confused but I only had a couple drinks. Maybe I need to catch up.

pretty sure thats how mine is. Manifold divided but the exhaust housing is not. Opening another beer now.:cheers:

You set your drink on space key, must be good stuff.

7 hours ago, trreed said:

I think you're correct that's what I was thinking of and saw, I'm guessing there shouldn't be any harm running open gasket with divided manifolds. 

Wish I could remember more, if I only remember 10% of what I've known I'd been pretty fart smeller

• Haha 1

Yes. HX35 has a divided exhaust housing. And yes, there is no issues with running and undivided gasket on a divided setup like ours. When you put a divided gasket on an undivided housing is when you start asking for trouble. 

I installed my  man ual boost controller and I never see more than 28 psi no matter what settings I use on the controller.

my turbo says it is HX35W garertT    BDH3536160. I think my next step is to put 30 psi to the boost gage and see if it read correctly. Sound like the next move?

• Staff
44 minutes ago, Ed ke6bnl said:

I have rv 275 injectors and edge ez that is it.

That's what I'm running and I'm seeing 30psi by the time the trans does the 3-4 upshift.

Please fill out your signature so we can see what equipment your truck has.  It will help in evaluating any problems your truck may experience.

Edited by IBMobile

14 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

That's what I'm running and I'm seeing 30psi by the time the trans does the 3-4 upshift.

Please fill out your signature so we can see what equipment you're truck has.  It will help in evaluating any problems your truck may experience.

I will  Check the gage for accuracy or there could be a boost leak is my guess

well I can not figure out how this manual boost controller works. I have the boost pressure entering the red female threaded portion. and the blue going to the valve(not sure the name) For one thing if I blow into the blue end the air just flows out a small hole in the threads of the red piece.and can not see how pressure would build up.  I have put it on my compressor at 40 psi and can not get hardly any flow at any thread length setting. So I am confused how this works.

• Owner

Might be too much spring strength and the boost can't overcome the spring. You are hooked up correctly in on the red side and out in the blue side to the wastegate. Basically, the pressure has to overcome the spring and check ball to apply pressure to the wastegate. The hole is there to bleed off pressure after the pressure drop below your setting. I've got mine nearly all the way lose and the boost just barely hitting 40 PSI

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Might be too much spring strength and the boost can't overcome the spring. You are hooked up correctly in on the red side and out in the blue side to the wastegate. Basically, the pressure has to overcome the spring and check ball to apply pressure to the wastegate. The hole is there to bleed off pressure after the pressure drop below your setting. I've got mine nearly all the way lose and the boost just barely hitting 40 PSI. what about this type of controller may have better control https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0lxBJ4k8mk

I did recheck the boost gage and it is correct, mine will only develope a max of 28 psi, but I relocated every thing so it is easy to access and will be able to maybe cut some of the spring and do some tests, That does make sense, that it would have to bleed back or the check valve would keep it pressurized. thanks for the input.

Edited by Ed ke6bnl