• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

3,000 HP?! When is it enough?

10 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Pockets aren't deep... I'm bored right now... :wtf:

Its all perspective...  I.e, its surprising to me what level of time and money some people on these forums will spend on their trucks.  So really its "too each is own."  If you have a lot of time and money then more power to ya (no pun intended).  I'm kinda lacking both these days..... :whistle2:

• Like 1

• Owner
2 hours ago, KATOOM said:

Its all perspective...  I.e, its surprising to me what level of time and money some people on these forums will spend on their trucks.  So really its "too each is own."  If you have a lot of time and money then more power to ya (no pun intended).  I'm kinda lacking both these days..... :whistle2:

Ive got to be Thankful to several people and business for getting me this far. DAP, Quadzilla Power, Blue Top Steering Gear, South Bend Clutch, ISSPro Gauges, list goes on.

Yeah I wish I had more money to play and more time to play with new toyz. Seriously I'm happy with my truck done well for 340k miles and still going. Can't complain.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dripley said:

Me being on the road all the time is my biggest enemy. I need to give my truck some attention that takes more than day or get a spare truck. 

I actually did just that.  Bought a cheap little truck I can beat around in and save the Dodge for times when I need it or just feel like cruising around in it.  That sounds like I was spending unnecessary money just to keep my truck from being used.....but I look at it as I'm helping myself from spending another $70k for a new truck.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KATOOM said:

I actually did just that.  Bought a cheap little truck I can beat around in and save the Dodge for times when I need it or just feel like cruising around in it.  That sounds like I was spending unnecessary money just to keep my truck from being used.....but I look at it as I'm helping myself from spending another $70k for a new truck.

I have been looking. Actually found one a while back, a 2nd gen 1500. The clear coat was gone but the body was straight. It was mechanically sound and nothing was leaking any where under the truck. Got the guy down to $2k and asked if he had the title. No problem all we got to do is sign it over. Went to a notary to do that and as we are standing in line I get a look at the title and I notice the first name on it is Doris. Well he did not look like a Doris to me and needless to say the title was not in his name. Dont have a clue as to what he was thinking about how to get it in my name and the notary just laughed at him. 

• Owner

LIke myself I've got a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L V8 Magnum. My problem is 91 Octane gasoline is costing $3.389 a gallon now and Diesel is $3.259 as of today. Then you figure the 96 is only getting maybe 15-16 MPG when I've been hitting 19-20 MPG in the diesel so still hands down the diesel is still winning the MPG race. Now if I can get the funds together next and drop fresh rubber on the 96 Dodge I'm planning on dropping from the 235/85 R16 to 245/75 R16 tires which will change the final ratio from 3.43 to 3.72. This should give a mild increase to MPG on the 96 and make it better for operating costs. 

8 hours ago, KATOOM said:

Curiosity now has the best of me...

8 hours ago, dave110 said:

I know the feeling. I do more and more :popcorn: all the time.

Alright I'll shear the secret, that's me with the helmet on ( Safety First ) I just let others pay for my gas and charge them up front, if anyone falls off along the way I just make more money by picking up more people. Now that you all know the secret I expect no hitchhikers next time I drive thru your town.

motorcycle-trailer.jpg.f09ae50e55aa92d80afa7a5560a96c90.jpg

Edited by Dieselfuture
  • Haha 1