• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Muffler or resonator delete

IMO....you guys are way over anylizing/building a better mouse trap type stuff. 

Big truck places already have this made. 

3A9351C1-2CE2-4A7E-A8A9-C3209C48BF0F.jpeg.843c73a9f247c4c18b5effe679ac3fc7.jpeg

Thats 4” exhaust. It is specifically called exhaust heat shield. 

That being said I have never seen any ill effects tranny temp wise from the exhaust being right there. 

Even with 5”.   

Side note.  @KATOOM

I was rooting through some DTR and realized you and I along with some others have been in this goat show for a while.  

Those were fun days.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Side note.  @KATOOM

I was rooting through some DTR and realized you and I along with some others have been in this goat show for a while.  

Those were fun days.

The first Cummins/diesel forum I joined was back around 2001-2002.  Back when I had dial-up... :duh:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KATOOM said:

Nice...  Did it do anything?

Below 50% load sounds real good. I can actually here the nice tone of the exhaust.  Above 50% still some drone but not quite as much.  Man these straight sixes sound soooooooooooooo much better than those V8 diesels.  :cummins: :stirthepot:

L8tr

D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SilverMoose said:

Below 50% load sounds real good. I can actually here the nice tone of the exhaust.  Above 50% still some drone but not quite as much.  Man these straight sixes sound soooooooooooooo much better than those V8 diesels.  :cummins: :stirthepot:

L8tr

D

That's been a given for over the last 25 years Clark. 

• Like 1

My fault. I missed the dealing with the drone part. I thought the fence posts were being used as heat shields. 

That actually is a good idea.

I guess I have been lucky with drone on my trucks. I just got the 4" Diamond Eye stainless on 2 weeks ago on the new one and all is well. 

4 hours ago, Ben said:

I guess I have been lucky with drone on my trucks. I just got the 4" Diamond Eye stainless on 2 weeks ago on the new one and all is well.

Is your 4" Diamond Eye Stainless a straight thru system with no muffler or does it have a muffler/resonator?

I plan on going with flopro when I get an exhaust. They extend their welds to wrap around the pipe more to cut down on fatigue over time and I think also reduce vibration. They also come with the nice band clamps already instead of the crush style clamps most others come with. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, notlimah said:

I plan on going with flopro when I get an exhaust. They extend their welds to wrap around the pipe more to cut down on fatigue over time and I think also reduce vibration. They also come with the nice band clamps already instead of the crush style clamps most others come with. 

I would love to hear back on this whenever you do...  VERY curious to get some accurate and unbiased feedback on either the FTE of Flo Pro. :thumbup2:

Edited by KATOOM
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, notlimah said:

I would love to hear back too.  Feedback on any systems/muffler & resonators for that matter.  

3 hours ago, KATOOM said:

I would love to hear back on this whenever you do...  VERY curious to get some accurate and unbiased feedback on either the FTE of Flo Pro. :thumbup2:

I can confirm the FTE takes away the harsher raspy idle and cuts down on idle noise on a diamond eye 4in for sure. Haven’t ridden in the truck but what I’ve been told is no drone and a lot quieter but still sounds good.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, notlimah said:

I can confirm the FTE takes away the harsher raspy idle and cuts down on idle noise on a diamond eye 4in for sure. Haven’t ridden in the truck but what I’ve been told is no drone and a lot quieter but still sounds good.

I guess its worth saying that the only reason I'm even considering a resonator would be merely to eliminate any drone...not to quiet the trucks overall exhaust note.  Thank you for the feedback too. :thumbup2: