• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

6 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Checked out some YouTube videos and really can’t tell a difference between mine and theirs. I could possibly be cuckoo? Lol. Would jumping to 75hp injectors cuase it?

Not hearing it is a bit of a handicap. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, notlimah said:

Don’t think any of these trucks will ever sound the same at idle. We need a video of yours to be able to even give you an idea if there’s a problem.

I’ll get you one tomorrow. I think I need to get the valve lash checked as well. Just did it recently but I’m wondering if I messed up. 

Well folks currently my truck is running perfect and getting 18 mpg! I have never been so pleased! Lol this is the top mpg I have ever seen with or without a chip. That qaudzilla is gonna be coming soon and hopefully with that I can hit 20 mpg. And this is not hwy mileage this is local driving and a couple 40 mile trips. 

• Like 1

• Owner
9 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

That qaudzilla is gonna be coming soon and hopefully with that I can hit 20 mpg.

You might want to follow my thread then.

My last trip home I barely moved the fuel gauge a 1/16 of tank for 133 miles of travel. I'm hoping to beat my 21.36 MPG on my first log entry.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

1 hour ago, GSP7 said:

Hey Marcus,

I reviewed the whole thread ....

Did you get your turbo rebuilt (bearings and seals)  and reinstalled,,, truck running ? or No?

I did not rebuild it. I had a boost leak and it helped a little to fix that. Like others have said injectors alone will be laggy. 

1 hour ago, Marcus2000monster said:

I did not rebuild it. I had a boost leak and it helped a little to fix that. Like others have said injectors alone will be laggy

I was going to say you might be surprised. All I focused on was the 5600 in your sig and not the year. I thought you had an HO.

DAP Sac 7x.0085's just went in my truck Wednesday. Big difference. Really woke the truck up. I can hit 33lbs boost getting on it. No boost fooler, no elbow, no codes. The no codes is odd. The 33lbs boost kind of points to stuck shut wastegate. 

And clean. The only smoke I see is a puff at startup. 

My idle also became a little squirrelly after the install compared to stock injectors. However my mileage went up quite a bit so not worried. 

I am trying to remember back with my old truck and I recall an erratic idle after DDP 150's going in but very smooth with DFI 100's. 

My heavily fueled little truck with DFI 6x.013's idled like a sewing machine. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ben said:

I was going to say you might be surprised. All I focused on was the 5600 in your sig and not the year. I thought you had an HO.

DAP Sac 7x.0085's just went in my truck Wednesday. Big difference. Really woke the truck up. I can hit 33lbs boost getting on it. No boost fooler, no elbow, no codes. The no codes is odd. The 33lbs boost kind of points to stuck shut wastegate. 

And clean. The only smoke I see is a puff at startup. 

My idle also became a little squirrelly after the install compared to stock injectors. However my mileage went up quite a bit so not worried. 

I am trying to remember back with my old truck and I recall an erratic idle after DDP 150's going in but very smooth with DFI 100's. 

My heavily fueled little truck with DFI 6x.013's idled like a sewing machine. 

Is an HO different with injectors alone? Everyone tried to tell me mine was was a HO becuase of the 6 speed but the engine tag says it’s a 235HP engine. Looks like we both have the same injectors. No doubt they woke the truck up but he power is not the same as a tuner.

Edited by Marcus2000monster

4 hours ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Is an HO different with injectors alone? Everyone tried to tell me mine was was a HO becuase of the 6 speed but the engine tag says it’s a 235HP engine. Looks like we both have the same injectors. No doubt they woke the truck up but he power is not the same as a tuner.

The HO responds better to injectors than a tuner. I don't know if this still holds true with the quadzilla due to the tuning ability.

The SO pump responds better to electronics than the HO does. 

This is from TST's website regarding the PM3 Comp. 

The PMCE (Competition) adds 180 HP and 450 lb-ft Torque (on level 9) for the standard engine.  The HO (High Output) engine (2001-2002) already has 245 HP and the PMCE (Competition) does not make as much of a difference and adds 80HP and 310 lb-ft of Torque.

Again, I don't know if the quadzilla changes this or not. 

4 hours ago, Marcus2000monster said:

It looks like the HO was not introduced until 2001. http://www.cumminshub.com/timeline.html

I always thought 6 speed and HO went together. Maybe not.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dripley said:

It looks like the HO was not introduced until 2001. http://www.cumminshub.com/timeline.html

I always thought 6 speed and HO went together. Maybe not.

It was and they did. 

However the earlier NV5600's had a smaller input shaft compared to the HO models. 1.25" vs 1.375".

Some more I found. 

Chrylser and New Venture Gear beefed up the NV-5600 and the clutch for 2001 to better support up-rating the engine. Research at the Chrylser Proving Ground and using test trucks with uprated engines revealed that the transmission's input spline shaft sheared off (metal fatigue) after about 150,000 miles of towing their 20,000 lb.test trailer all around the western USA. So for 2001, the NV-5600 has a 1 3/8" 10 spline input shaft instead the 1 1/4" 12 spline shaft used in prior years. A new fly-wheel has an improved, larger pilot bearing, too. The clutch is 330 mm in diameter instead of the 300 mm version found in the 2000 and prior years. The new clutch can handle much more torque and is quite a bit bigger, using double the number of bolts to hold it to the fly-wheel.

Also the differences with the ETH (HO) Motor vs ETC ( standard output.)

• Electronic Controls: New ECM calibration and fueling algorithms.
  • Fuel Pump: Increased fuel flow in the Bosch VP44 injection pump.
  • Injectors: Designed to provide increased fuel flow.
    • Injector note posted to the TDRoundtable by tgbol:
      • ETH injectors (3946306) flow 600cc at 100bars for 30 seconds
      • ETC injectors (3944828) flow 640cc at the same test.
  • Turbocharger: Revised wastegate setting for 26psi at the turbocharger outlet.
    • Manifold boost specification is 43.5 inches Hg / 21 psi
  • Head: Valve seat inserts for added durability.
  • Pistons: New pistons with higher 17:1 compression ratio.
  • Flywheel: New flywheel with 330 mm diameter clutch (vs. std. 310 mm).
  • ISB Design Improvements and Features - from 1998 Mastertech
  • FWIW: Reports from owners indicate that ETC engines are more responsive than ETH engines are to the major fueling boxes
Edited by Ben
More info

1 minute ago, Ben said:

It was and they did. 

However the earlier NV5600's had a smaller input shaft compared to the HO models. 1.25" vs 1.375".

I know about the smaller input shaft on the early 6 speeds. I just thought the the HO was introduced with the 6 speed.

6 minutes ago, dripley said:

I know about the smaller input shaft on the early 6 speeds. I just thought the the HO was introduced with the 6 speed.

It was. In 2001 with the beefier NV5600's. 

I added some to my above post explaining differences between the 2 5600's and HO vs SO motors. 

Edited by Ben
  • Like 1