• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2002 dodge lift pump question

my stock lift pump has a pressure problem if i bump the starter when its cool out i have about 7psi as it warms up out side i bump the starter and i have 3 or 4 psi in the hot part of the day at about 93 deg i bump starter i get 0 psi. this is with out engine running. please help

The stock LP never did put out adequate pressure.  If you continue to drive with those fuel pressure it will further damage if not kill your VP44.  Upgrade your lift pump to something that will maintain a pressure higher than 14psi.  There are lots of options and ideas here.  Also, check to see if you LP in in the tank or on the block.

• Owner
2 hours ago, IBMobile said:

Pump manufactures to look for:  

Electric pumps check out Air Dog and FASS.

Mechanical pump is the GDP Fuel Boss.

Do not get one of these.  I went through three of them before putting a Fuel Boss on.

1381736815_th5(2).jpg.89873911dbe53d33ee2594f2ddf165f9.jpg

I went through 3 of Carter Lift pumps in 9 months at $200 a pop. I spent the $520 on the AirDog 150 12 years ago and now it finally wore the pump motor out after 12 years (250k miles). New pump motor on the way. Under warranty!