• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Turn signal is driving me BANANAS!

My 2001 4x4 is having an issue with the driver side front turn signal it flashes fast and very dim and the light under the hood also flashes along with it. The rear signal is nice and bright but also flashes fast. I've replaced the bulbs and nothing. I'm sure it's a ground issue but I have no idea where to even begin. HELP for the love of god!

• 2 weeks later...

Our flasher unit is special.  The integrated circuit can wierd out sometimes. 

image.png.9bae2cbbe88c1db6d3e54195df141f0a.png

This is from page 8L-8 of the 2001 FSM.  When I had this trouble, and no bad wiring I just put a new flasher unit in.  That fixed the problem.

HTH

Hag

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Haggar said:

Our flasher unit is special.  The integrated circuit can wierd out sometimes. 

image.png.9bae2cbbe88c1db6d3e54195df141f0a.png

This is from page 8L-8 of the 2001 FSM.  When I had this trouble, and no bad wiring I just put a new flasher unit in.  That fixed the problem.

HTH

Hag

I lost that function in mine right around the time I replaced mine with an unit from Advance. Might have to dig and see what unit I have. I lost a tail bulb but it still blinked like normal in the cab. Did not know it was out until I got a ticket for it.